Saturday, May 30, 2009


Yesterday was a beautiful day here!  We have finally arrived at a nice, DRY week-end.  Early yesterday morning the skies over our house sounded like we were in the flight pattern of DFW.

We live far from a major airport so I kept wondering what was going on.

Yesterday evening after hubs got home from his office, we decided to drive down the road apiece on the river to see what was happening.

We encountered about 13 airplanes (old looking) doing all sorts of maneuvers in the sky.  Each following the other!  It was really neat to see.  This morning there was an article in our local paper about the planes who got together for the air show.   They have had two beautiful days to fly.




The river was very beautiful and peaceful yesterday evening.  I could just sit and watch the water roll by for hours.  I must be getting old.............

9 comments:

Kelley said...

Those are beautiful pictures! I am so glad the weather has been nice and dry.

Immeasurably More Mama said...

No...you just know how to slow down and enjoy life. :)

Beverly Wooley said...

The scenic river pictures are GORGEOUS! Makes me want to curl up under one of the trees, have a picnic lunch and read a good book. You sure do live in a beautiful part of the country, Judy!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are absolutely beautiful!

Jamie said...

Neat pictures!
We're in town, and Dad and I took R & A to the river this afternoon. I could sit there for hours, too. I've always loved the river. R & A had fun "swimming" in it...I think I must be getting old because that water felt WAY too cold for me! I don't know how we used to stand to dunk in that cold water when we were kids!

Melissa Stover said...

love the pictures. i really enjoy just sitting outside on my porch. does that mean i'm getting old too? we do that just about every evening now since it's not too hot yet.

Kathy said...

Beautiful pictures Judy. Glad that your weather has finally improved. Enjoy, our closest river is a creek!

Jacquie said...

We got to see lots of planes here yesterday, too. Glad they weren't doing any of those moves!! The lady pilot on the flight from Mem to DC was a little "brakey" on landing. That was enough for me!

Leigh Ann said...

How fun! Derek would have loved to see those planes! You got some beautiful shots of the river.