Thursday, June 11, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday/ Bathrooms

This week has just flown by (as they all seem to these days) and here it is again time for 

Kelly's "Show Us Where You Live Friday".  This will probably be my last time to participate because I think she is asking to show your garage and heavens, that is the LAST place I would want to show.  In fact, I am trying to get enough strength and courage to tackle the garage this summer.  It's that bad, trust me!

So here we go with bathrooms!  My first bathroom is the guest bathroom upstairs.  I wanted an "all-white" bathroom because all I have to do to re-do it is change the decorations and I'd have a whole different look.  This little shelf above is above the toilet.   I have used the blue/white theme in this bathroom.
I love my mirror in here because my hubby made it for me.  I had one picked out from Pottery
Barn but it was really too expensive and hubby made this with some leftover lumber and molding he had in his shop.   Perfect!

I looked all over the place for a blue/white toile shower curtain and finally found one but I can't remember for the life of me where that was!
This is another look at the sink area.
This is the "powder room" near the living area of our house.  It is a tiny room!  I have a "theme' going on in this tiny room.  The pictures on the wall are all family antiques and are pictures of school groups from the 30's.  My dad and his sisters and brothers are in most of the pictures.
Also I have a large class picture of my aunt in nursing school in Nashville, Tenn. in  1931.
I love the picture of the football team in front of the school where my uncles went in the 1929-30 school year.  I love old pictures!
I found this mirror in a locate "thrift" shop for $10!  


This little four-tiered shelf belong to my husband's secretary and I bought it at her yard sale.
I painted it black and it holds my small collection of old school bells. (Carrying on the bathroom "school" theme)
This is our master bathroom.  Hubs did all the tile work on the shower and the floor.  It's one of my favorite rooms. I  always wanted a skylight and I got one in my bathroom.  I love to get up during the night and look up and see a full moon shining down!

The plans for our bathroom showed a garden tub in this spot where my dressing table is.  We  have never been fans of taking a bath in a tub so I guess we are "shower" people.  We took this space and made the dressing table and storage cabinets  (which I don't know what I would do without).
Our shower is huge and has a place to sit down that will come in handy in the future we think.

Hope you enjoyed the tour!

40 comments:

Jacquie said...

You make my old shelf look so cute... can I buy it back now??

Is it okay to say that I love your bathrooms?

Nancy Hood said...

love each and every one of them!! the one that would edge the others out by an inch would be the half bath, love the colors and the old prints!!

Heather said...

Your bathrooms are gorgeous!! I love your thrift find for $10, it is a gorgeous mirror!! I love the toile shower curtain too!! I love your style!! I loved looking!!

Creekmore's said...

I love the idea of using the old pictures. I have many old family pictures but I don't have a way to display them. I think it's great that you use them.

tiarastantrums said...

gorgeous gorgeous!!

Love the toile!!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

You have lovely powder rooms!

Kelley said...

I love your bathrooms! They are so pretty. What a great idea to have a themed bathroom and have an all white bathroom to change up decor. Thanks for sharing the neat ideas.

KIMBERLY said...

NICE BATHROOMS! FUNNY HOW SOME PEOPLE ARE "SHOWER PEOPLE" AND SOME ARE "BATH PEOPLE"! I COULD NOT LIVE WITHOUT MY BIG OLE GARDEN TUB! THANKS FOR SHARING!

Lesli said...

I love everything! Your bathroom's are gorgeous!! Your husband is very talented!!

Unknown said...

All your bathroom are pretty, but I especially love the tiny bath with all the old pics, what a clever theme!

Chelsa said...

i love the old pictures :)

Unknown said...

You sure have an eye for decorating! Love the toile in your bathroom! GORGEOUS!

Mrs. McB said...

Great idea with the dressing area!!!

Tara G. said...

Do your guests ever come out in a timely manner? Because I would be in there forever just looking at pictures and seriously, I'd want to try out every bell! The baths are beautiful, Judy!

Lauren said...

Your bathrooms are sooooo stinkin cute!!!!! :)

Kristi said...

Your bathrooms are gorgeous. Blessings to you!

Roeshel said...

I love your style - your bathrooms are gorgeous!

doo-dah said...

I found your blog through your daughter's blog and read often but have never commented. You have a beautiful home and a wonderful decorating style also a very talented husband.

Robin said...

Your bathrooms are absolutely gorgeous! I especially love your "school-themed" powder room...the colors and photos are just fantastic!

Thank you for Sharing!

Robin @http://alabamaslackermama.blogspot.com/

In His Army said...

I love the bathrooms--all so pretty! Like the idea of the skylight too, how neat! I cracked up about Jacquie asking to buy her table back! ha!

Jessica said...

WOW! Love your bathrooms!!!

Jennifer said...

I love all your bathrooms! I think your husband could build/make anything! He is so talented. I might need to borrow him next time he is in NWA! (I know he wouldn't even spend one second away from Harper while he was up here!Ha!)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I love them all, but especially the powder room....great ideas

Courtney said...

I love all the bathrooms, but I think the blue and white is my favorite! Thanks for sharing!

The Whites said...

Your bathroom is lovely!!

Embellished Bayou said...

I love all three of your bathrooms, they are so different & unique from one another. The white one is so clean and fresh. And I love the antique touches. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Brandi said...

Ok, I am laughing at myself. I read your profile and the first thing I thought was - your grand baby has the same name as Kelly's daughter. . . then I scrolled down and saw the pic of Kelly. :-) Anyhow, the mirror your husband made is fantastic, and the "school" bathroom is so cute! I LOVE old photos - what a creative way to display them!

Michelle said...

I love all of the mirrors. And the idea that your husband has been so involved is totally great! You've got great taste! :)

Kristen said...

I can see where Kelly got her great decorating style! I think your "school" bathroom is so so darling. Just love it!

Anonymous said...

More Interesting Picture is available here

http://asliknowledge.blogspot.com

Brittany said...

Thanks for your sweet comment. My husband graduated from Mid-America Baptist Theological Seminary at the end of May. He finally has his M-Div. Yeah! We are praying for a job soon where we can serve at a church.

Keely said...

I love all three of your bathrooms! My favorite is the first one though--blue is my color. I love how fresh and clean it looks in that room.
Thank you very much for the sweet comment you left on my blog last week. And to answer your question about my parents and the changing dresser in my daughter's room...they just do it for me. Sadly, they're too busy as business owners and don't really have time to do much more than this. I adore their talents.

Melissa Miller said...

All of your bathrooms are just beautiful! ~Lovely job decorating.

Have a blessed Sunday.
~Melissa :)

Jenna said...

The more and more rooms you reveal, the more and more sure I am that you are currently living in my dream home. :-)

Hope you are having a great weekend, sweet Judy!

valerie said...

I love all of your bathrooms! Your home is lovely.

What a great purchase at the thrift store!

Your husband is very talented. I remember the changing table he made for Harper's room.

Have a blessed week!

noahandlylasmommi said...

oh your bathrooms are gorgeous. I can see where Kelly gets her good taste from ;)

Michelle said...

Your bathrooms are really pretty! I love the old pictures! How unique!!

Erin said...

Just beautiful!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Love all your bathrooms. They are so beautiful! And that mirror your husband made with the shelf on it is wonderful!!! He is such a talented man. All your old pictures are great too. Don't feel bad, our basement/garage is a total wreck too. Everything gets put down there and it is totally out of hand. That is going to be my summer project. Wish me luck! It is overwhelming, but I have faith that I can do it. You can tackle your garage too! Love & blessings from NC!

Katie said...

Your bathrooms are BEAUTIFUL! I especially love the powder room. It actually looks so similar to mine... (maybe that's why I love it so much...makes me feel at home! haha!) I am in the process of framing some of my favorite black and whites, two of which are school group pictures. (All of mine are of random people, though.) I love that you have one of, did you say your aunt (??), in nursing school in Nashville. I'm from Nashville, I'm a nurse, and I collect black and white pictures. So neat! When we renovated our master bath, it had a shower stall and a garden tub under a big window. I had the tub removed because it was a bear to clean all the time, and, even though I love to take baths now and then, I'd have rather had the space. I've *never* regretted that decision!