Friday, June 26, 2009

This Train Is Bound For Glory.....

Today ended our week's tour of Australia at the VBS version of "Boomerang Express". We all enjoyed the basics of summer VBS: Bible stories, games, music, crafts, new friends and Kool-aid and cookies!! How can you improve on that?
Nothing like sitting on the sidewalk in 95 degree heat eating a popcicle and watching it drip down your leg!! I worked with the 4 and 5 year olds and it was a great experience!

They have boundless energy! Too bad I don't!
If you read Kelly's blog on Wednesday you see we had a little trip planned to visit some friends, namely Sophie and Melanie, better know as Boo and Big in the blogging world. They also write for Lifeway and blog for Beth Moore events. They were very sweet and so funny ! We had a great time visiting a couple hours with them!
Sophia and Melanie had been to The Pioneer Woman's ranch for a couple of days. Ree sent us some homemade cinnamon rolls that she is "famous" for. She has a cookbook coming out soon.
I love her cooking blog.

Believe me, this roll melted in my mouth. I got home about nine o'clock the other night with them and against better judgement, I just had to eat one! It was delicious!

This has been a great week! Has your church had VBS yet? What are you doing to help?
nxhtec4q9r

11 comments:

Lori said...

Our church is one of the last in town we have ours the first week in August.

The Garners said...

Tonight as Rhett was getting in bed he said, "I wish I was going to Bible school again tomorrow with Jaiden." He had a lot of fun--thank you again for all you did with them this week!!!

Melissa Stover said...

oh i'd love to taste those cinnamon rolls! we're gearing up for our vbs though it isn't for a few weeks. we are the directors (my husband and me) so we have a lot of prep work to do.

Kelley said...

It sounds like VBS was a huge success. I remember those cookie and kool-aid days. I have attended the same country church since I was 5 years old. I love it. We have more young couples in the church now. Our members were mostly older people when I was growing up. I was one of about 4 youths in our church. I did go to youth activities at other churches because my parents thought it was important. I attended every denomination in town's VBS. It was wonderful. I learned so much!

vera said...

My daughter starts VBS next week, and she's too excited - this is the first year she's old enough (she just turned four). Well, I wish I could say I was helping...but after teaching Sunday School all year, I'm taking the summer off (well, that and I have to work during VBS hours).

Anonymous said...

My church just finished up VBS this week. I helped with recreation and let me say that was not exactly fun in the terrible heat! We ended up having to move most of the games inside by the end of the week. My five 1/2 year old son had a blast though. This is his 4th VBS and he loves it more every year. He told me last night that he wished VBS was every single day of the year. That makes me so happy! Our church did Crocodile Dock and it was super cute.

In His Army said...

Thanks for all your help with vbs...I am so glad the kids were in your class! J had a blast! She is so worried because apparently the boomerang in her craft bag is not the one she made...she is worried that she has someone elses and that someone else has hers :) She left it at Mo's and asked her to take it back to the church and find hers. haha! It was a great experience for her. Thanks again!

Jacquie said...

It was a fun (and busy) week, wasn't it? I'm still a little jealous about the Big and Boo deal! Ha!

Leigh Ann said...

I have such sweet memories of VBS as a kid. You are right...nothing says summer like a Popsicle dripping down your leg. Ha! How exciting that you and Kelly got to meet the Mama's! How FUN. Those cinnamon rolls....OH MY GOODNESS!

Staci said...

Judy, thanks so much for your prayers for my aunt Mary Jo. God Bless you.

Gram said...

Our church does not have VBS until August. Since I work full time I have not actually been at VBS since my kids were going. Our church has VBS in the evening and serve a meal before the program begins. I have brought food for the meal. When Kaiden is old enough to attend, I am sure I will be helping again. I enjoyed VBS every year that I worked.