Monday, June 29, 2009

Shout to the Lord!

I had so many blessings yesterday that I just wanted to give a "shout-out" to the Lord thanking Him for answered prayers and being so good!


Yesterday morning, on the way to the nursing home service, I just prayed and ask God (or really, if the truth be known, I told Him) how much I was in the need of feeling His presence in my life. I consider His ways of "showing up" when I am in need and I feel free, as a daughter of His, to ask this of Him.

He always answers my prayers. Why don't I ask Him more? He is so good to me!

Well, He not only blessed me once but several times! (Isn't that just like a loving Father?)

During our Bible study time yesterday morning, two girls in our young adults class who had been on a mission trip to Africa for a month had just gotten home Friday. They both shared with our class stories of their time in Africa. You could just see the people and feel their hearts as the girls related story after story! They never failed to give God glory for all He had allowed them to see and do. Their hearts and lives are forever changed and that's exactly what I knew would happen to them.

As we went into the worship hour, I was blessed again. A young father in our church got up to give the offertory prayer and he started to weep. He starting talking of how he appreciated all the people who helped in VBS this past week and what it meant to him as a father to hear his six-year-old son telling his 2 year old sister that "it all comes back to Jesus"!! (The theme of our VBS) Nothing to me is sweeter than seeing young families bring their children to church and teach them about the love of Jesus!

Just before the message, another young man played his guitar and sang a Chris Tomlin song! Even though he has grown up in our church, he had never sang before! He was so nervous and he ask me to pray for him which I did the whole time he sang! He did a fabulous job and guess what?? I was blessed again!

Hubs brought a wonderful sermon from Acts 4 entitled "Prayer That Makes a Difference".
Do you see a link to how God is showing up? Another blessing!

Yesterday evening our ladies class, the Beth Moore study on Daniel, is wrapping up. It has been a tough study but one of the best. We are definitely " living in Babylon" these days. I have been so blessed to be able to participate in this study! I can't wait for our next one!

Then at our worship service last night one of the missionaries that our church supports gave a talk on what she's been up to and how God is working all over the world. She is just a precious young woman. She is leaving for Nicaragua next week and I just wish I could go with her! I love the people of Nicaragua! So I was blessed again!

After church we had fellowship with several couples and the evening air was so nice and cool! Certainly a change from the past week or so.

God knew I needed a refreshing touch of His love yesterday and I thank Him for his MANY blessings. Have you ask the Lord to bless you this week?




Psalm 27 : 4
One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek: That I might dwell in the house of
the Lord all my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord, and to meditate in His temple.

verse 8 When the Lord says, "Seek my face," my heart said to the Lord, "Your face, O Lord, I shall seek."

3 comments:

Jacquie said...

I bawled like a baby at church yesterday. I LOVE hearing about how the kids talk about what they learned during the week. PRECIOUS!! I agree about seeing the young families in church. I got to hold and play with Luke before church started... my heart nearly burst out of my chest!!

Leslie said...

Our church did the Boomerang Express also, and my son had the best time at his first Vacation Bible School. (He's 3.) He LOVED the Boomerang Express song!!. He's been asking more questions about Jesus and heaven. VBS is the best!

O'Dell Family said...

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog as well! My husband is a pastor too and I love the wisdom and encouragement I can glean from other pastors' wives - thank you for sharing your story in the blog world, it is a blessing to me!