Saturday, August 15, 2009

Supper, a wedding and the SEC

It never ceases to amaze me at the way life ebbs and flows. Days sometimes go by faster than

I can recount just how they were spent.

Some weeks, in just a span of a couple of days even, life begins, life abruptly stops or just eases away slowly. This has been a week like that.

I have grieved the lost of a new baby whose untimely death is such a tragic loss for a young couple. One of the sweet ladies that I enjoyed visiting with at the nursing home passed away this week. Friday we learned hubby's first cousin's 12 year old daughter had been killed in an
accident. All ages....all within a few days.

But then, God is so good to start new beginnings. We had a delightful supper the other night by the lake with several old friends and several new friends. What a fun time we had!

Then today, another new beginning of the best kind! A wedding! And it was sweet and lovely!


And now, a new season of SEC football! We got our tickets this week in a slick new book....I thought it was a calendar! Football season is just a couple of weeks away!


Do you know who is a HAPPY camper????

8 comments:

Melissa Stover said...

i'm so sorry. what a rough week.

my husband is very excited about the start of football season too. in the past we have gone with him to fayetteville for the homecoming game and to the parade but this year it's halloween weekend and the kids really want to do trunk or treat at the church. i'm torn. this is the second year in a row we'll miss it. i do love the parade. i never go to the games though. too many little kids right now.

Heather said...

YAY for hog football!!! God seems to have us in the same place lately...I blogged about it a little today and plan to do more later--about death and life and God's plan for it all.
What would we do without Jesus??

Immeasurably More Mama said...

I LOVE football season! We went to Gator Fan Day today and now I'm really pumped!

Becky said...

Boy.....what a week you have had. Maybe this week will be better. Go Hogs!!!!

Love Being A Nonny said...

I am always amazed at the highs and lows in a week's time. I try really hard to make sure I don't let my circumstances determine my happiness. That is one of the hardest daily battles I fight....In everything give thanks.

Your Harper...still PRECIOUS!!!

I am having a Target card giveaway today. Check it out!

Lauren said...

Just wanted to let you know I Was thinking of you today and YAY for Football season!!! :)

April said...

The news about Craig's little girl just broke my heart. So very tragic! They are all close in my prayers!

I am poised and ready to start calling those HOGS!

Kelly said...

SEC rocks
I am a LSU Tiger fan
BUT A SEC FAN!!!!