Thursday, September 3, 2009

Whirl Wind Week


This week has been filled with a whirlwind of events and activities that have kept us on the road and running from one thing to another!


We went to Little Rock to participate in an event for the Arkansas Children's Homes.
Reservations were made for us in a downtown hotel that is a little fancier than we usually stay in! This is how you know you are not in the Motel 6: robes and slippers hanging in the closet for your use and monogramed stickers on the toilet paper!!
They even had Harper's name on the end of her baby bed! That's service!!
The entertainment for the dinner was really good. These are a group of men who get together and play folk music! We really enjoyed them because they seem to enjoy the music themselves so much!
The girls who were residents at the home decorated the tables! They made the placemats and they served as hostess at each table! I thought they did a great job! My job was to give them encouragement as they needed.
We had a great dinner! I recognized the cook because I read his blog many years ago.
The next morning we went to a breakfast where Kelly gave a talk on the world of blogging and how God has used her blog is so many different ways.

We had the nicest visit when we got ready to leave. A lady named Mrs. Hamilton from North Little Rock came over and introduced herself. She said she felt like she knew all of us because she reads our blogs. She was reading about Harper when she was born and had to be sent to Tulsa to the NICU.

Here's how the story is so neat: Her son is a pediatric cardiologist at the hospital where Harper was sent. So Mrs. Hamilton calls up her son and tells him he needs to see Harper! And he did! And , of course, nothing was wrong with Harper's heart but we were so thankful her son came and checked on her!

Isn't God good? And now we got to meet this sweet woman and we have another wonderful friend-in-the-Lord!
The next day after we got home from Little Rock we had to get ready to go the next day to take Steve to the airport for his trip to India. We got to spend the night with GUESS WHO for a little loving before her Papa leaves.
"Papa is going where?????"
I think Papa is trying to help Harper set up her blog and Facebook page! I think she already twitters!!
It is always fun to help her take a bath!

Before I left today I went to the Rhea Lana children's consignment sale in Rogers. It was HUGE! You could find everything you would need for any child zero to 5 T and all the equipment you need to raise a child! I bought several things for Harper that I thought were really cute. Here are just two examples:


Both of these were six dollars each! You can't beat that! Some of the things I got were brand new and the tags were still hanging on them! I will definitely go back next year!


Please pray for Steve while he is in India this week. He has a lot to do but is so excited to be there and proclaim Jesus. The native pastors are under such harshness from others. They need our prayers for strength and courageous! We are so blessed!

19 comments:

Melissa Stover said...

what a great place to shop. i love second hand prices.

on the eastern journey said...

What sweet, sweet clothes you found! I love buying second hand for kids because they grow so fast! Hope you are keeping busy while your Hubby is out of town. Thinking of him as he strengthens and encourages the church.

Lauren said...

What a neat way for Kelly to be able to share her testimony and how profound her blog has become to be!!!

And of course nothing beats spending precious time with Miss Harper!

Love ya, Mrs. Judy!! :)

Panamamama said...

Aunt Judy,
I didn't know you were staying at the Capitol, my kids go to school right behind it (eStem.) We could have stopped by after school! :)
Love,
Shell

Leigh Ann said...

I wish I could have seen you and Kelly while you were in LR! I was so sad the timing didn't work out with Evan's therapy session. I LOVE the Capitol Hotel. It is so fancy and beautiful! I know you had to have been so proud of Kelly speaking at the event and even more proud of what the Lord is doing through her and her blog. So much good has come from it! I am selling a ton of stuff in Rhea Lana and it is amazing how much baby stuff is there. You can really get some good deals! =) I LOVE that picture of Harper and her grandaddy. It doesn't get much sweeter than that! I have already been praying for Pastor Steve! I hope he'll have lots of good pictures to share when he gets back.

Kelley said...

I will be praying for your husband! Harper is so beautiful. Her smile is really something. It is just the cutest thing. I love the items you purchased at Rhea Lana. You got great deals. I know you were so proud of your daughter for speaking about blogging and Harper! God is so good, but he is cool too. Wow that you met a fellow blogger and that her son checked on Harper. What a small world.

Tara G. said...

LOVE the little dress and sweater!

Rebekah said...

what cute pics of Harper!!!

Heather said...

Praying for Steve! LOVE that sweet dress and the sweet girl who will wear it! Her mom and grandma are pretty special, too! :)

In His Army said...

Sweet pictures of Harper :) I love that little dress! Will be praying for Bro. Steve too!

Jacquie said...

I LOVE what you bought for Harper!! And at such a great price!

I can't thank you enough for what you did for us today!! You're one in a million...

Morris Family said...

Our prayers are with Steve on his journey!!

Bonnie said...

Thanks for the comment on my school pics! You are so sweet :)
I will be praying for your husband while he is in India. And, seeing those folk music players reminds me of going up to my Nannie & Papa's house! They live near Mountain View, AR & there are a bunch of old men that get together & play in the square. My dad loves christian bluegrass, but sometimes I can only take so much, haha!
Bon

Erin said...

Praying for Steve. I love the outfits that you bought for Harper, absolutely adorable!

Donna said...

The dress you bought Harper is adorable! We don't have that sale here. Wish we did. Sounds like fun. I know you are so proud of Kelly. She is one in a million. And aren't grandbabies the best.
Keeping you in my heart in Ga.
Donna

Rachel said...

It was so sweet to see many of my real life friends in your pictures (Eric and Dennis is the band, and Glenda with Kelly). I'm so glad that you had a nice trip to Little Rock.

Jennifer said...

Did y'all stay at the Capitol Hotel?!! We used to love to eat dinner and brunch there when we lived in Benton.

I love what AR Children's Home does. It is a wonderful ministry!

I love Rhea Lanas but didn't get a chance to go this week. I will for sure have to hit up the spring sale!

Maddy said...

Hello,
I found you on Kelly's blog and I was looking at your sidebar and noticed that you must have 2 westies... am I right?! I blog about my westie (Peppermint Pattie)
www.thedogblog-maddy.blogspot.com
Email- maddyforeman@yahoo.com

Beth Roberts said...

I sold that little fall outfit!! How fun! :) Can't wait to see it on Miss Harper in the future!

The smocked dress is precious, too!!!