Monday, October 12, 2009

Harperville


This past week-end we were blessed to attend the Selah/ Avalon concert at our children's church! Selah, especially, has been one of our favorite singing groups of all times. To say they are talented, gifted singers is indeed an understatement!

Our daughter, Kelly, and Angie, wife of the lead singer of Selah, Todd Smith,have been exchanging notes with each other for almost a year and finally got to meet at the concert! Angie gave Harper two little dresses that she made for her (of course with her name embroidered on them)! How sweet! Angie has three beautiful little girls and it was a pleasure to meet them.
Of course, the main attraction for our week-end was this little girl!! Martin Farquhar Tupper , back in the 1800's, said, "A babe in the house is a well-spring of pleasure." That is exactly how we feel!


I think Poppa is happier than I've ever seen him before!! He adores Harper! His eyes practically light up at the mention of her name!
We took Miss Harper out for lunch. She was a good-eater and love to be out!

I think we looked at every toy in T*rget! She loved them all!
Is there anything sweeter than a baby in the bathtub? The smell of a clean baby alone is worth a million dollars!!
I got a lot of snuggle time in with her too! It was my greatest pleasure to hold her, rock her, sing to her and give her a thousand kisses! I hope she won't wear out before I do!!
Saturday morning before we went to the 11:00 Razorback game, we decided to have a "brunch" breakfast and not our usual quick coffee, bisquit and run-to-wherever breakfast!

We had a wonderful breakfast at Mimi's!
I needed a doggy bag before I ever got started! But it was delicious!
Our friends, Cathey and Bo from Pine Bluff are always at the game in the parking lot tailgating!
We ran in to them on our way to our seats and stopped to visit for a few minutes. Cathey was my BFF in elementary through high school and we were roomies at the U of A until she met Bo and got married!! I was a bridesmaid in their wedding! (Only a few years ago......40 or so)
They have three BEAUTIFUL grown children and a whole houseful of grandchildren! They are the sweetest people and I love them! They are like family to us!


I told Steve as we left Cathey and Bo that he could have left me in the parking lot talking to Cathey,then come back after the game to pick me up and we would have still been talking!!
Steve said , " Yes, and neither of you would have taken a breath"! That's true!!
They had something at half time that I had never witness before: They brought out a grand piano and put it in the middle of the field!
A man played "Stars and Stripes Forever" and it was great! But they barely got the piano off the field before the teams returned. I bet those guys wondered what-in-the-world was going on! Are we at Carnegie Hall or Razorback stadium??

10 comments:

Pastor Steve said...

I said it then, I say it now. It is just not right to have a piano at a football game. Especially in the middle of the field. The best part was when the punter who came out early before the second half, landed a punt right on top of the piano as they were taking it off the field. Now that was right!

Pastor Steve said...

P.S. Have I told you that Harper is the most precious thing in all of the world!!!!!

Nina said...

That little grand daughter of your's is such a cutie! I love how you and your husband and daughter and her family too support your football team. I did my graduate work at Kansas State and so miss going to football games. I was such an avid fan. I even scheduled my pre-lim Ph.D. exams around football season. :)

Heather said...

What a perfect weekend! Harper is SO CUTE!

Kelley said...

Harper is just precious! I know it was fun getting to visit with her. I bet the Selah/Avalon concert was fabulous.

Meet the Brummett's said...

Looks like you had a wonderful weekend with your beautiful grand baby! Love the pictures :)

rae said...

This post is so sweet! I love the pictures of Harper and her Poppa. They brought me to tears. Harper is so lucky to have a great Poppa who adores her so much!!

easternjourney.com said...

I LOVE the way you guys adore on Harper.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. Judy! Im sorry we missed each other but there will be more games. We had trouble hearing the first part of the piano playing.. Pastor Steve is too funny..hehe! You asked about our cabin that we stayed in. It was located in Springdale I believe. It is called Woodhaven cottages and I would highly recommend them. We stayed two nights and hated to leave. I can give the website if you would like. Not sure when we will make it back up there because it is such a long drive for us. If my Mom has her way we will be back for Christmas..hehe. She lives in Lead Hill and I think that is about two hours away from the stadium. Marc already has his tickets lined up for the game here in Baton Rouge. If yall can make it down I would love to see you. We can maybe recommend some good places to eat. I guess I better go so I can get one lil fanny "Maddy" in the tub! I know what you mean about those sweet baby smells...shame they turn into teenagers but I love them even more everyday~

Lauren said...

Shoot, if there's such a thing as Harperville, please point me in the right direction because I'm on my way. Would love to squeeze that precious thing!!!

And sooo jealous but so happy ya'll got to meet Angie and Todd!!! :)