Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year 2010

Can you believe a new year has already rolled around? Seems like only a couple of years ago we were hearing nothing but "Y2K"! Remember that?


We never do anything for New Year's Eve. Usually stay home and are always in bed when the new year officially rolls around. This year was no different.
But on New Year's Day evening we had a few people come by the house for a little dinner and fellowship!
Usually when we have people over I do all the "cooking" !

This time, I just pretty much decorated the tables! I had a new Chef flown in (from his man cave where football games are usually back-to-back on holidays) especially to cook some mean enchiladas!
He acts like he knows what he is doing!!!!
He also acts like he's done a lot of this............NOT!
This is what the stove top looked like after he was through......greasy!
I did make a few things to go with the enchiladas! This dip was one!

We had a great evening......too much to eat, of course!

I can hardly wait till my Chef cooks again! Maybe next year's turkey and dressing???

14 comments:

Nina said...

Your dip looks yummy! I love the little round tomatoes in it. Usually people dice them but yours looks so much prettier with the round ones. I also love the cuckoo clock. My grandfather was a Master Clock Maker and so I saw many cuckoo clocks.

Anonymous said...

Lovin your chef . . . does he hire out? lol

The dip looked simply scrumptious.

Carol said...

Happy 2010 to you and your chef! Sounds like your New Year's Day dinner was wonderful.

Blessings,
Carol

Linda said...

Hi Judy...Happy New Year.

Boy that dip looked good! And your table decor was pretty.

The chef was doing the clean up too? That's super!

I think he's a keeper!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Melissa's Thoughts said...

I love low key, quiet New Year Eve's. Happy New Year to you and your chef.

Becky said...

What a guy......way to go Steve!!!! Happy New Year Judy!!!

Brooke said...

Happy New Year to you! I'd choose table decorating over cooking any day! :) Looks like your year is off to a great start.

Kelley said...

Beautiful table decorations! The food looks so delicious! We don't do much New Years Eve either.

Annie said...

Have a wonderful and blessing year.

Nancy said...

Happy New Year to you & your family! That looks really good!

Lauren said...

Happy New Year, sweet friend! Love you!!!! :)

Love Being A Nonny said...

Your chef and mine are great g
uys!! Mine makes more mess in the kitchen than I do, but I think I'll keep him! Happy New Year! From one Nonny to another!

kimberly t. bowling said...

Maybe your chef should hire a cleaning service to accompany him!! :) Low key New Year's Eves are the best kind...I'm thinking of setting our clocks ahead next year so we can all celebrate the midnight hour but still get in bed at a decent time!! :) I wish I had some of that delicious dip right now!

Sara Campbell said...

I am curious...does your hubby have a few recipes that he just 'does'? Did you teach him those? I'd love if my husband had one great dish he could whip up. How do I get to that point? (I'll keep him even if he never does cook, though!)