Friday, February 26, 2010

Is This Friday Already??


This has been the busiest week! Lots of weeks I have many things to do but this week I was not home one day or night. We had trips to the hospital for church members in surgery,a funeral, etc., usual things when you are in the ministry. I love doing all those things but tonight is the first night I have been home and I am certainly thankful to be here!

I am a "home person" I have decided.  I would rather be home than just about anywhere and I never run out of different jobs that need to be done!  

This past Sunday our Young Adults' class had a little "Bon Voyage" party for a young lady named Kristen who grew up in our church.  She left today for a 6 month stay overseas with a mission group.  She is excited about the prospects of what the Lord is going to do in her life and so are we!  We hope to be hearing great things from her!  We pray for her as she goes in a new direction in her life!







As many of you already know, Kelly and Harper have been sick this week.  I got a call from Kelly early Wednesday morning and she was so sick.  I jumped in my clothes and headed over her way to take care of Miss Harper while Kelly got some sleep!

Harper and I had a great time.  The picture above shows her eating her lunch!  She lets you know what she likes and what she doesn't goes on the floor for Dawson to pick up!


After lunch I gave her a bath and put her down for a little nap!  I love to rock her a little and have her lay her little head on me.  Is there a better feeling in the world than a sweet baby in your arms?  Heavenly!!

While she was down for a nap, I did the laundry and cleaned up the mess she  and I made in the floor,  the kitchen and the bathroom!  We were a messy pair!!






Did I tell you how precious she is??



When her Daddy got home from his trip, Harper was happy to see him!   That was my cue to come home!   Just in time to make it to church to see my Cubbies!!

Unfortunately, Scott is now sick with the same thing Kelly and Harper had!  Kelly has called me three times to make sure I haven't gotten sick.  I feel fine.....so far!  Scott, we hope you are feeling better tomorrow!



Kelly's Korner is showing your collections today.  I didn't link up but I thought I would show a little of my collection of blue/white dishes.  I have been collecting blue/white things for years and have recently, in the past couple of years, tried to cut back on my collection.  I really need to start getting rid of stuff instead of getting more!

I also love to decorate using the blue/white motif.  My upstairs guest bathroom is in blue/white which always has a "clean" look to me.  I remember having to search high and low for a blue/white toile shower curtain!





I got this little vase in Romania!  I just love the kissing couple!




One last thing....I finally got to the bookstore and got Beth Moore's new book.  I am so excited that Kelly and a huge group of her friends are going to go to Atlanta to hear Beth speak about her new book.

Can't wait to stay home long enough to get started reading.........Have you got her new book?
I hear it is wonderful!

16 comments:

Hillary said...

What a great Nonny!! I sure hope you dont get sick!
Hope you enjoy your new book. I sure do and can't wait until Atlanta!

Anonymous said...

Hey there, love your collections!

I do have the new Beth Moore book . . . I ordered it on my Kindle and so I had it right away. The book is AWESOME and has helped to reveal more things than I expected. Beth Moore is such a role model for all of us and our daughters!

Love your daughter Kelly and her family so very much!

Just as a way of introduction - My daughter Katelyn drew a picture of sweet Harper and sent it to Kelly and Scott a while back.

God Bless

Kelly said...

Love your new header
Love your collection!!!!

Amy said...

Hey Judy!You surely have had a busy week and deserve the time at home tonight!

Looks like you took good care of Kelly and Harper and hope that you don't get what is going around.

I love your collection of blue/white dishes. I don't collect them but the blue/white stuff always catches my eye when I am out looking. I think it is so pretty!

I have started reading So Long Insecurity this week and it is uncanty how she seems to nail just what you are thinking. Sad that so many of us are living the same lives. But hopefully through this book and the help of our Saviour we can be delivered from the scheme of insecurity.... what ever mask it wears. Hope you have time to read some on it this weekend. Let us know what you think!

Heather said...

I am going to get the book this weekend!!! I am such a "homebody," too! That is so sweet that you came to take care of your girl!!! I know she appreciated it so much! Hopefully you can stay well! OH- and there is NO better feeling than rocking a sweet baby on your shoulder. NOTHING BETTER!!! Have a great weekend!

Love Being A Nonny said...

Don't you just LOVE BEING A NONNY???

I hate to hear that now Scott is sick...UGH! That stuff is going around here in NC too. Just said a quick prayer that Nonny stays well!

Thanks for the reminder. I am going out TODAY to get Beth's new book!

Becky said...

There is nothing like those grandbabies is there?? Harper is just adorable and is growing like a weed!

I LUV your blue collection! I used to have a few pieces, but changed colors and sold them at my yardsale.

I bought Beth's book a couple of days ago and am really enjoying it.

ashmhendrix said...

In January I got to hear Beth Moore speak at a college conference, Passion. She was even more amazing than I had her made out to be in my mind. The love of Jesus radiated from her every movement and word. :) I can't wait to read her new book!!

ps: Harper is adorable, but I know you already know this! :)

Kelley said...

That was so nice of you to go and take care of your girls this week. I know they were thrilled to see you. We haven't gotten the stomach bug yet. We had something like it this fall. I haven't read Beth's latest book yet, but I want to. I hear it is great too. Have a good weekend.

momofall said...

You are such a good momma. My mom awlays would come and stay with us when our kids were sick too. Nobody does it like a momma.
I know Kelly appreciates your help and your love. And sweet precious Harper is one lucky Princess in training!
I think my favorite post from Kelly of alltime is the one she did this week on being a girly girl. She had some good inspiratopms,I'm sure.

I recently bought Beth Moore's book on CD, but haven't had a chance to start listening yet. I'm looking forward to it. Lord knows I have WAY too many insecurities that seem to get worse as I get older. Anyway, thank you for being an inspiring momma and nonny. God bless you. BTW I've been praying for Harper's grandaddy. Hope he is doing well after his recent hospital visit. dsfox625@hotmail.com

Meg said...

you are such a great nonny! when i read on kelly's blog you came to her rescue i nodded knowingly, knowing how many times my mom has run to my rescue like that!! there is no better feeling than knowing YOUR MOM IS ON HER WAY (except maybe the baby resting it's head on your shoulder ;)). i know others are blessed by your life!!

Nichole said...

I'm on Chapter 6 of "So Long, Insecurity" and feel like Beth Moore wrote the book completely for me! It is AMAZING!

Lauren said...

Such a good Nonny you are!!! :)

I am reading that book and it's fabulous so far!! Can't wait for Atlanta!! :)

Run26.2Mom said...

How ironic that you said there is there anything better than a baby falling asleep on your shoulder....my husband said that very same thing today!
Hope you stay well.
Peace.
Susan

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I can't wait to go to Atlanta too to hear Beth. I am going with both of my girls. We can't wait to get to meet Kelly. What fun we will all have! Love & blessings from NC!

ME said...

Aww, thats so neat you got to help out with sweet harper :)
I love your collection too, you have some very beautiful pieces. I wanted to let you know too, that blue and white pottery can sometimes be more specifically a Dutch pottery called Delft. In fact, your two little kissing children are called "kissing cousins" I grew up in a very dutch community and these little guys were everywhere :)
Love the blog!