Wednesday, March 24, 2010

'Tis the Season

After living in our current residence for over five years now, we are finally getting around to planting some trees.   Not that we don't have acres of trees already!  But we had wanted some nice flowering trees to line our circle driveway to the house.









My gardener ( better known as Hubs) came by after he got off work from his day job and begin to work digging holes, planting trees and adding mulch.  He is pretty good at what he does and works for low wages.

We are planting some flowering pear trees and several maples for the color in the fall!  Maybe this time next year we will have some blooms.

There's already some little green leaves on the scrawny branches !



Oh, this is my gardener's helper.   He works in a supervisor's capacity mostly.



He works cheaply too.......meals and love pats!   He gets plenty of both!

9 comments:

Laurie said...

I just love trees! We plan to get some in the next week or two.

The Lindsey Family said...

Very cute post! I love the pic of the gardener's helper because he looks as if he actually is critically reviewing the planting process. Too funny!

MomMom said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I LOVE bradford pear trees--your driveway will be so pretty. One idea I thought I'd share with you. We have planted a tree in our yard for each of our grandchildren---a different kind for each grandchild. They love to see "their" tree when they visit. You could plant a "Harper" tree!

Kelley said...

The trees you have chosen are beautiful!

Love Being A Nonny said...

I love springtime! I can't wait to watch as your things grow! Thanks for sharing...From One Nonny to Another!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

cute,cute post....I love the trees....Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

You are going to love those Bradford Pear trees. We planted two on the west side of our house for some added shade. The flowers are just beautiful! The trees have such a pretty shape to them too. Hope they do well for ya'll!
Thank you for the prayers for Kaylee. We really need them about now. (((hugs))) Susie

Erin said...

I just love the pics of the gardener's helper! So cute!

Claire said...

Your doggie is just precious. I hope the trees take beautifully.

Cxx