Friday, March 12, 2010

Wondering About My Baby......

Thirty four years ago today I was delivering my second child. That was an exciting day! Back in those days you didn't know ahead of time if you were having a boy or a girl. I'll never forget hearing "It's a Boy" and crying like a baby myself because I was so happy!

When you have a baby you can't help but wonder what kind of personality they will have
and what they will become when they grow up!

Will he be a cowboy?.............





..................or a Fire Fighter?




Will he be a politician or a historian?................








Or a musician?...........






Or maybe an artist?...........





How 'bout an actor?.................




Maybe a Mr. Fix-It?.............






Maybe a newspaper journalist?............







After he graduated for the second degree.......





He found a beautiful wife Carrie..........





Then after all those years of wondering what my baby would become........





He became  "MR. MARTIN"!!




HAPPY 34TH BIRTHDAY, MR. MARTIN !

I love you,
Mom

18 comments:

Melissa's Thoughts said...

So sweet. Our boys are so special to their Mama's are they not?

In His Army said...

I love this! I think what he's doing is just perfect! I bet the kids LOVE Mr. Martin! Have always loved sharing a b-day with Chris!

Jess :) said...

Happy Birthday, Chris!!!! :)

What a neat post! I love all of the pictures from way back when. It's so fun to look back on those memories, isn't it?!?

Heather said...

This made my heart smile!!! Happy b-day to Chris and hope you all have a great weekend!

Love Being A Nonny said...

Mr. Martin is so nice looking! I know you are proud...and you should be. He seems so talented in so many ways...and what a beautiful wife! You are blessed!

Sharmin said...

What a great post. You should be very proud...but I know you are.

The Hairstons said...

This is so sweet!!! I know you must be so proud of your babies!!

Unknown said...

Precious post:) I wish we had more men in education...actually in the classroom that is. Harper just gets cuter all of the time.

The Garners said...

Happy Birthday to your "baby"--a very talented and funny guy!

Jill said...

I came over from Kelly's blog. I hope Chris has a wonderful birthday! I think it's a great day to be born...I'm 35 today :)

Kelly’s Korner said...

Happy Birthday Chris-y!

Kelley said...

What a sweet post! Happy Birthday to your son Chris.

Jacquie said...

Oh my... that made me CRY!! I would give anything to be able to go back to school for just one year as a kid and have Chris as my teacher!!! My favorite teacher was a brilliant man who loved science and math and made us students love it. I just know that Chris has the ability to teach children to LOVE to learn.

Chris has always been SO stinkin' smart and funny and talented. I imagine you had the best time watching him grow up to be "Mr. Martin".

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Oh, I love it! I especially like that last photo of Chris surrounded by all of those kiddos...I'm sure they love him so!

Happy birthday, Chris!

Laurie said...

I love his painting of the puppy! He is so talented. I know he is a wonderful teacher!!!!!!!

Lynn said...

What a sweet post -- made me smile! I hope he had a wonderful birthday! Ya'll are a beautiful family! =)

God Bless

Patty said...

Awwwwwhhh....I love this post! I wonder the same of my kids who are now 18 and 16! You have a wonderful, beautiful family! We are ESPECIALLY fond of little Miss Harper! Don't think it is possible for you to have a cuter grandbaby!!! Thanks for sharing your family with us!

Patty from TX

Leigh Ann said...

This made me cry...maybe because my baby is having a birthday today and growing up. Chris is so handsome and just has the best personality. I'd say being a teacher, he became just about all those things you wondered rolled up in one. I know you are so proud of him!