Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Remains of the Week

This has been one busy week for me.  I reluctantly returned Miss Harper to her parents on Monday!

I wanted to post just a few more "parting " pictures before I move on to something else!

I wanted to get a picture of her Sunday morning before we left for church but couldn't get her to sit or stand still long enough to get one.  I made the one above after we got home from lunch sans shoes and socks and with strawberry stains down the front of her dress!

I have new respect for Moms on Sunday morning.....it was all I could do to get us out the door in time for church! ( I was not in church when my children were babies so I missed this whole experience!) By the time we got to church she had taken off her socks and shoes and dozed off!




She certainly has stolen this Papa's heart.  If she only knew the power of her smile when it comes to her Papa and Nonny!!

This is what she spent most of her time trying to do..........open the door and get outside to see........



the dog!!!   She loved him!



She had her brush combing the horse's tail!!



We had a wonderful revival!  Doug Compton was our preacher ( and I never got a picture of him. Sorry, Doug)  This group, called New Day, was our song leaders!  They were wonderful!  We were very blessed!

These other men are our church music team!  We so very much appreciate their wonderful talents that they share weekly with our church family and for God's Glory!



I have been under-the-weather today and just felt like not doing much.  I've been catching up on my reading.  In fact,  I am reading three books at a time.  Do you ever do that?

Here are the books I am currently reading:

I'm almost through Beth Moore's new book.  It is a must read for anyone!


I just started Angie Smith's new book.  If you have read her blog(audreycaroline.blogspot.com) and story about her daughter, Audrey Caroline, it will bless your heart.  Such a story of heartache but such a story of strength from the Lord.
Amazing young woman.....amazing story!

We got the pleasure of meeting her last year when her husband's singing group, SELAH, came to Kelly's church for a concert.  She and Kelly are friends and we were blessed to meet her and her family.

If you know anyone who has suffered a loss of a child, please get this book for them!




I have heard so much about this book, Crazy Love, by Francis Chan, that I just had to buy it the other day and will start it this week.

Has anyone read it?  What did you think?

13 comments:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Harper looks so sweet in her little dress. She is so adorable. I love little girls in their summer dresses with bare feet. So cute! I know you all have really missed her. I have read Beth's book, and want to read Angie Smith's book. The other book I have not heard anything about. Sounds like you all had a wonderful revival. Hope you have a nice weekend. My Mother celebrated her 86th birthday today. I am going to be getting my house in order this weekend, as Adelaide is coming home from college next week. I can't wait. Love & blessings from NC!

The Garners said...

To me, Harper really looks like Kelly's baby pictures in the one of her looking back over her shoulder with the dog in the background. All such sweet pictures! Looks like she had a fun stay!

I'm glad you had a great revival week there. I thought about y'all several times and prayed for the revival!

Nina said...

I've tried reading more than one before but got confused. :) I think I am going to have to buy the Beth Moore book after hearing so much about it. I have a lot of insecurities and so it would be right up my alley. Thank you as always!

Lauren said...

Harper is too cute for words!!

I have heard so much about "Crazy Love".... I need to get it :)

Sarah Sharp said...

I have started Crazy Love but not finished it. So far, so good. I just finished Angie's book and it was SO GOOD! I cried a lot, but I do that easily when it comes to infertility or loss. I also laughed! I'm sure you will enjoy them!

Ashia said...

i have been hearing great things about "crazy love" too! let us know what you think!

julie & joe said...

Sunday morning is a crazy morning and I never understand why. I get all three kids dressed and to school, day care and baby sitter by my self all week....why is Sunday so difficult when we are both home? Of course we pack along the big basket of books, etc to occupy the older one until he goes to children's worship so maybe that's it? Or maybe it's getting the adult male ready, too....lol!

I love Harper's smocked dresses. If we have our foster daughter long enough she'll get to wear smocked dresses too.

Erin said...

Yes, I am always reading a few books at a time, I am currently reading two of the three that you mentioned, I haven't gotten Angie's book yet but I do plan on it. Love the Harper pics!

LuLu said...

We've just started Crazy Love in our Young Adult Sunday School class. I've only read Chapter 1, but I'm liking it so far!!

Southern Gal said...

I stumbled onto your blog through a search for Angie Smith's book. And now I realize you are Harper's Nonny! I prayed for her when she was born. I'm about to be a grandmother for the first time next month. Nona or Nonny are among the choices for a grandma name.

Real Simple said...

crazy love INCREDIBLE!!! Our church read it as a "lifegroup" wide study. It is very, very good. but it is strongly adviced that you read it twice. My 17 year old daughter read it 5 times, me twice. you get something out of it everytime!! Then move to his next book Forgotten God about the Holy Spirit. I have been blessed to see him at Passion (in Atlanta, college gathering, yes i was the chaperone) and Francis is amazing. He is just a pastor in love with Christ and wants us to be too! The chapter on Lukewarm Christians may get you...but rememeber this is a book of encouragement, instruction, but NOT to make us feel guilty! get your highlighter ready! enjoy your daughters blog. I am in Florida. I go to Woodland Baptist Church near Sarasota. Have a daughter ready to grad. h.s. and one a teacher in ft. myers! (1st year.) blessings and happy "mom's" day!

Susanne said...

I have read Crazy Love and it is a great book. You have to watch the videos online that go with the reading. The videos make the book even better. I have heard Francis Chan preach a few times and he is wonderful. His home church is close to where I live. I hope you share your experience with the book!

G.B. said...

I came here thru Kelly's blog and just scrolled down and read several of your posts. What a precious lady you are and fine example of a pastor's wife. I just finished reading Crazy Love with my husband(who is a pastor) and just wanted you to know what a great book it is. It has seriously changed my view on my relationship with Christ...my view of our responsibility as a body...and what really truly matters. Hope it encourages you!