Sunday, May 9, 2010

Always Missed


Today is Mother's Day and my Mother has been gone over four years now.   There's hardly a day goes by that I don't think about her.  Sometimes something comes up and for a "mili-second"  a flash goes through my mind that I need to call her and tell her what I've heard or seen!

These days I often think of how much my Mother would have loved my granddaughter, Harper.  She loved my own two children(her only grandkids) so very much and she and my Daddy would have
been thrilled to have lived long enough to see Harper!

Mother was a Godly mother who worked hard to provide everything she could for her two daughters.
She cooked from scratch, cleaned house, ironed every thing we wore and sewed two of every dress we owned!  Sister and I had some of the cutest little clothes you could have worn in the 1950's.  I still have a couple of them today that I have saved.  Then she made Kelly many little dresses which we have actually tried on Harper!

She was a Sunday school teacher, Brownie leader, attended PTA and we were always in church! She was the original SAHM !!  To help pay for our college, she went to work when I was in high school but still worked hard at home.    I am so thankful for all she did for us!

You never get over missing your Mama!

I love these old pictures when she was young!











My Mom was about 32 years old here and Daddy was 33 years old.   I am the baby in the middle.


  
Mother always dressed my sister and I just alike.  Some thought we were twins! 





My Mom and Daddy always loved for Kelly and Chris to come visit!




This was my mother with her daughters and her sister with her daughter.
Left to right:  My cousin Janice, her mother Willa Mae (my mom's sister), Kelly (with dark hair),
my sister Linda, Mom and me.   My aunt has been gone many years too.  We miss her as well.






Thank you Lord for such a wonderful Mother!  We miss her but we were very blessed!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you!

9 comments:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

What a wonderful post about your sweet Mom! I loved all the pictures. Thanks so much for sharing. I know you would have loved for your Mom to have gotten to meet Harper. Happy Mother's Day to you too. Love & blessings from NC!

Carol said...

Your tribute to your Mother is so sweet. I'm like you, even though my Mother has been gone 12 years I find myself wanting to call her and ask a question or tell her something.

Blessings & Happy Mother's Day,
Carol

The Garners said...

This is a very very sweet post. I love the pictures of your Mom. She was a precious lady.
Happy Mother's Day.

Kandi West said...

I loved seeing these pictures...I always loved your parents so much. I have so many memories of them. Seeing your dad at the Palace, watching him give hair cuts in the front yard, seeing them at Church. They were both such special people!

Lauren said...

This was beyond preious and so sweet!!!

Hope you had a wonderful mother's day!!!! LU!!

Love Being A Nonny said...

What a precious post. Yes, she would have loved your Harper! Happy Mother's day...from one Nonny to another.

Jacquie said...

I loved this post, Judy, and I always love old photos. Your Mom was one of the sweetest women I ever knew.

Harper favors YOU in that baby photo! (I know you hate to hear that. Ha!)

Ashley said...

What a precious post!

Happy Mother's Day to you!! ;)

Patty said...

That was beautiful! What a wonderful childhood you had! Happy Mother's Day to you and Kelly!

Patty from TX