Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Quick Look Before the Deer Have Lunch

I have always loved flowers.  My Mother grew all kinds of flowers in our yard where I grew up.

For the past five years or so, due to living in the country where the deer and the antelope play (well, maybe only the deer), I have been unable to keep any flowers growing for any length of time.

Last year I planted some day lilies in hopes of having some fresh flowers around the house.  The deer ate them as quickly as they bloomed!

This year the lilies have just bloomed out in the past two days and I am so excited!

But I thought I'd better make some pictures................They will probably be tomorrow's lunch for the deer!










This last picture shows my azalea bush that the deer ate almost completely gone last year.

This year the leaves budded out and now has ONE bloom!!

There's always next year!




5 comments:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I know that must be so frustrating! But there is not really much you can do about it, is there? The deer are so pretty, but they can be destructive. Oh well, enjoy the day lilies while you can! Hope you all are having a nice Memorial Day holiday. Love & blessings from NC!

Jacquie said...

We've had the same problem. When the kids were home, we tried to grow sunflowers, but the deer (or something) kept eating them. We've tried tulips, too, with no luck.

Becky said...

Don't you just LUV day lillies...they are one of my favorites flowers, you really can't blame the deer for loving them too!!!!

Girl with the Curlz said...

So pretty. My parents have this same problem at their house.

Kelley said...

My in-laws have that problem with their flowers too. The day lilies are gorgeous!