Friday, May 28, 2010

Things I Love

Over at Kelly's Korner today she is asking for us to name the things we love!

I decided that would be an easy post but then as I began to enumerate the many things I love I knew there was not time or room even to name them all.

So the following is just a partial list:


First of all I would always say Jesus and His beautiful church!  This means all my church family and believers all over this world!




I love my family and extended family!  This includes my sister, brothers-in-law, mother-in-law, sister-in-law, nieces and nephews and cousins!!   (Is that everybody??  No kidding, I love them all....I've been blessed with a great family!)



My best friend and hubby for almost 40 years now is the love of my life......and will always be!




And then there's Harper!



I love my three dogs:  Buddy, Skipper and Bobber



I have two wonderful grand-dogs that I love:  Dawson and Coco


And then there's Harper!




I love my old friends!  Cathey and I have been BFF since 2nd grade and were college roomies!


I love my new friends:  You will recognize Boo, Big , Caroline and Robin!  THE SWEETEST!!

(By the way, this month's HOMELIFE published Sophie's (Boo) article "Mama's Got a Brand New Bag"!  You need to read it!)




I love MISSION trips to Nicaragua and helping my favorite dentist pull teeth!!


I love Blue Bell ice cream and homemade chocolate chip cookies!




I have this grandbaby I'm quite fond of........





I love my home office where I can read, write, blog and everything there is something of my very own!



I love the countryside where we live.  We can be at this location within 2 minutes:


And then there's this baby....





I love our herd of deer we feed in the winter.....never gets old seeing them!




Well, as you see, I could go on and on.  Ever try to count all your blessings?  There are so many you will fall to sleep before you could write them all down!

Just one more.......


Did I mention I had this granddaughter that I dearly love?


14 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my goodness....I love this post!!! :) You have a beautiful view!!! And I love all the rest of the things you love, too. Oh yeah...and of course I love Harper, too!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

What a great post!!! Yes, there are so many things that we have to be thankful for and that we love. I am like you, there are so many simple little things that I love. It does not take much to make me happy! You are so blessed with such a wonderful family and a precious grandchild!! Love & blessings from NC!

Jacquie said...

What a great list!!! We are very blessed.

Kelly said...

Love your loves

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a great post...and I would just put picture after picture of my little men....We are flying to Port Canaveral to tomorrow to sail with the MOUSE....

Angie said...

I love this post! I love all the pics of Harper and I love your desk! It makes me drool with envy. Also love the picture of the river near your house and feeding the deer. It all makes me want to come over and visit. :-)

Anonymous said...

Loved this post! And you are right, it's just like that song "Count Your Blessings", once you get started the list goes on and on and on! We are a blessed people and I am so grateful to be part of the family of God with you! Loved the hidden messages with putting Harper in there numerous times, she is so blessed to have you as her nonny! Have a great weekend and I hope you get to see your Harper!

Melissa Stover said...

you live in such a beautiful place (i think i do too). there's so much to love about living around here.

Anonymous said...

Great post! I love your office area of built-ins. It makes me want to redo my office.


http://magnoliamom.com

Erin said...

I don't recall ever posting but I do check your blog every once in a while. I love this post . . . . it sure seems like you love Harper (I kept waiting for when you were going to add her picture)! I too love your desk area - its beautiful!

Run26.2Mom said...

Great great post!! I think everyone should have a post about things they love. Makes me smile.
Peace.

Anonymous said...

What a fun post! You are so sweet!

Robin said...

just now catching up on my blog reading and then I see where you loved your new friends, Me and Caroline.. Girlfriend, you made my day. Thank you for saying such a sweet thing. Hope you are staying cool because it is hot here in Texas, and I am wishing I am at the lake again.. Have a great day in the Lord. Your sister in Christ, Robin

Caroline said...

I LOVE YOU TOO! a lot!