Friday, July 2, 2010

Flash From the Past.....


I was out in my garage today going through old plastic tubs looking for one holding the smallest amount
of things that I could find.  You see, I leave for a youth mission trip on Sunday and I needed a tub to pack my pillow, sheets and towels.

I have about 15 plastic tubs in my garage full of who-knows-what and I thought why make another trip to the store to buy one when I could empty up one for the trip.

So the one I picked had memorabilia from my college days!  (Yes, there was a printing press back in those days)   And look what I found!

This picture was made at my sorority's(Kappa Alpha Theta) spring ball.  The year was 1970. Hubs and I were twenty-one years old.

I am so happy to be in my sixties......it's great being older.

But, I do miss my 21-year-old-body!  It didn't ache and get tired so quickly!!

But it's always fun to look back and remember!

21 comments:

Kelley said...

What a beautiful picture! Hope you have a wonderful time and and fantastic mission trip.

Jennifer said...

I had forgotten you were a Theta. Thanks for helping me remember the black and gold. A friend came over the other day and noticed my pansies, she said she just knew that I had to be a Theta. Actually, the previous owners had put them in the window boxes and I have not changed them out yet.

Laurie said...

I love that picture!

Polly said...

I love it! Have a great trip.
Thanks again for all you do.

Unknown said...

I loved the picture with the Theta kite! I was a Theta at Depauw University. Have a great missions trip, what a blessing you will be!

Jacquie said...

LOVE IT!!!! It's so hard for me to imagine y'all at that age... just starting your life together. Your relationship is such an inspiration to us.

Kelley said...

I love it! And I love reading your blog! It's a breath of fresh air! Enjoy your mission trip.

Kathy said...

That's such a sweet picture of you two. I can't believe my brother owned a suit back then! Time goes by way to fast doesn't it.

Lauren said...

That picture is so beautiful!!!! You are the hubby are so cute together!! :)

The Garners said...

I always love seeing your pictures!

Rebekah said...

SO fun! Ya'll are cuties! I miss my 21 year old body, too!!!!

Nina said...

Love the photo. Beautiful the way you are still together and a family of God. :)

The Gallup Family said...

Great picture. I too was a Theta.

annalee said...

such a sweet picture of you two!
happy happy birthday to you today!
it's fun to look back and remember but i'm glad you are exactly the age you are now so harper gets such an awesome grandma!

linda in georgia said...

happy birthday.....

Melissa Stover said...

i miss my 21 year old body too. unfortunately i thought i had a fat tummy then too. i weighed 98 pounds so i know that was impossible.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday!!! We share a birthday. :)

Fabiola said...

I just read Kelly's post about your birthday!! Happy Birthday, may this next year be full of love and health!!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Happy Birthday...My husband is in Glorietta this week with a group from La...Hope you are having a great week

Teresa

Sisters said...

I love "yes, there was a printing press back then"...so funny and you are still just as pretty!
AJL

Love Being A Nonny said...

Happy Birthday!!!