Saturday, August 14, 2010

That'll Teach Me to Put On Some Lipstick......

I hadn't been feeling too well yesterday.  Bless his heart, Hubby comes home yesterday afternoon after work and ask me if I felt like a little drive up to Branson and maybe a little dinner.

I thought getting out of the house was just what I needed at the moment so I was game.  Of course, it was about 100 degrees outside so I certainly didn't get myself too dressed up and minus the make-up.

After all, who cares what anyone looks like in 100 degree weather.  And there are only thousands of people in Branson......none of whom we knew!


We decided to eat at one of our favorite" home-cooking"places, the Cracker Barrel.  The place was full, of course, so while we were standing around looking at all the cute things while we were waiting for our names to be called, these two cute young women run up to us and say, "Hi, aren't you Kelly Stamps' parents?"  "We recognized you from her blog and yours!"

They were so cute and so sweet, so being the good blogger, I had to get a picture!!  So here it is:




So nice to meet you Angie and Shelley!  You were delightful to talk to and I hope your supper was as good as ours was!

I also wish I had remembered to put on some lipstick..........Mental note to self:  Put on some lipstick...you never know who you will run in to in Branson!!!!

14 comments:

Kelly said...

Bless your heart! I know the feeling, happened to me several times before. You look great though! I would love to run into you or Kelly and I definitely wouldn't care if you had makeup on or not! :)

Heather said...

You still look beautiful! Make-up or none!!! Hope you are feeling better!!! This heat is enough to make all of us feel yucky!

Laurie said...

Angie and Shelley are two of the sweetest people in all the world. Love them!

Kelly said...

I LOVE that you met Angie and Shelley!!! I wish I would have seen them too! They are two of my favorite girls from church!!! :-)

Jacquie said...

How fun is that?? Even without lipstick! (I've been thinking about y'all all day ... I'm so sorry about Buddy!)

Lauren said...

You look beautimus darlin and you are becoming "blog famous" like your daughter, haha!!!! :)

Sharmin said...

Oh, who needs lipstick, you're beautiful just the way you are! Although, when I would go visit Mamma Hopper she would often say, "Honey, you look a little pale, why don't you put on some lipstick." I miss her so much!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Congratulations on the wonderful news. Another Grandchild!!! I was so happy to see the news on Kelly's blog this morning. Wasn't Harper the sweetest thing announcing the news? I loved her little Big Sister dress. So cute. I told Kelly that March is a great month as it is my birthday month. Have a great day! Love & blessings from NC!

Patty said...

You look great without lipstick anyway!!! I just read Kelly's post and wanted to send our best wishes on to you and Steve for becoming grandparents again! I'm so excited for all of you! We have so enjoyed watching Harper grow up and can't wait to watch the next baby Stamps too!! I'm sure you are sooooo excited!!! Best wishes and hope you are feeling better!

Ellery said...

Congratulations on your newest grandbaby!

SoonerMom said...

You are not known by your lipstick anyway....your smile is your biggest asset!! :) It was WONDERFUL to meet you and your sweet hubby! We both love Kelly and her sweet family!!! (Need to get Kelly back in choir, though!! ha).

Congrats on the newest blessing!! Life is sooooo good and God is GREATER!! Much Blessings - Angie

Marie said...

Congratulations on the coming of the newest member of your family, My computer will not let me comment on Kelly's blog(I just don't know how or it won't load the comment section) but I am so happy for her and all of you, Praying you are feeling better,

OKGardners said...

I found you months ago from Kelly's Korner. I cannot access Kelly's blog to make a comment, so I decided to Congratulate You and your Hubby. We have 14 grandchildren now and just found out we are going to be GREAT Grandparents early next year. WOW! Where has all the time gone??!!

Betty in Oklahoma

Beverly Wooley said...

Well, guess what . . . I think you look GREAT in that picture even without lipstick. Sista - you've got a beautiful spirit that shines through! That's better than makeup any day!

Judy - I am ecstatic with joy for you over Kelly's announcement!!! Harper's "Big Sister" on Kelly's blog is SO precious. The way she loves her dolls, won't she have fun kissing and patting a baby! CONGRATULATIONS - Will be praying for Kelly's pregnancy. Love, Beverly