Friday, September 10, 2010

Let the Sunshine In.....

Just a little note to catch-up on the last few days.  My mother-in-law suffered a second heart attack this past week while at the Rehab Hospital.  She was rushed to the Heart Hospital and they were unable to put in another stent even with blockage.

Hubs flew down to Dallas as soon as he could get a plane out of Little Rock.  She is doing much better and they sent her home yesterday.  Hubs got a flight out late and got home last night before midnight!  We are thankful for all the rain we have received the past few days, but I, for one, was so happy to see the sun come out.  Something about storms and plane travel doesn't seem right!

Shirley, I know it felt good to be back in your own bed last night after weeks of being in the hospital!  We are so thankful and pray you will get your strength back daily!

Meanwhile, back at the ranch.....someone moved in with me while Hubby keeps the airways moving!


Skipper decided that since his best friends, Kramer and Buddy, have gone on to doggie heaven, he was getting quite lonesome being by himself in his apartment in his Daddy's shop.

And he knew his Momma could use a loving pet around these days......so here he is!



He sleeps right next to us and doesn't make a peep all night ( well, maybe a little doggie snoring when he first goes to bed)!

We think he is a HAPPY BOY!

12 comments:

Tara G. said...

So sorry to hear about the second heart attack; I know it's hard being farther away than a quick drive over. My mom was in the ER last weekend and it's a bit unnerving when you're across an ocean.

Brenda said...

I love that you are such an animal person! So hard to lose them, but such a gift to have them with us while they're here. Thanks for sharing!

Lauren said...

Sorry to hear about your MIL but glad she is on the road to getting better!!! That pup is too cute!!! :)

Jo said...

Sorry to hear abt your mil Hope she is on the mend! Frustrating when you are away.

The Garners said...

I've been thinking about Mrs. Shirley and praying for her recovery (and for Bro. Steve as he travels to be with her and you at home alone!)

I'm so happy for Skipper. :) He looks like one comfortable pup! Lane has been working nights this week so I've had Bogart sleep right on my pillow to keep me safe (ha!).

Heather said...

I totally let Gracie sleep with me when Todd has late football games, etc. He often comes home and has to "boot her out" of the bed!!! But hey-- "A girl's gotta do...." ha! Syaing a prayer for your mother-in-law for a strong recovery...

Donna said...

I'm so glad Skipper is in the house with you. You know he is greiving over the loss of his friends and needs comfort, too. Bless his furry little heart.
Sorry to hear about your MIL. Hope things are looking better for her.
Keeping you in my heart in Ga.
Donna

Kelley said...

Praying for your mother-in-law. Hope she has a speedy recovery.

Jacquie said...

So glad Steve's mom is home!! Skipper sure looks like he is in doggy heaven himself now!! Poor Bops... is he knocking on the front door now?

Erin said...

Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law, I will keep her in my prayers. My beagle sleeps on his doggie bed in my room every night. I think that it is so funny that when I have get up early for work he just looks at me with one eye and goes back to sleep until I go downstairs. :0)

Island Baby said...

Sooo cute! But, what happened to that beautiful yellow Lab you had? Where does he sleep?

Real Simple said...

sorry about your MIL! mom's are special...mine is now in heaven still watching over us. she was my best friend. wish i would have known she would be when i was a teenager...lots of wasted time, but she was a great mom...who accepted Christ 7 wks before going to Jesus! yeah!!! love the dog!!