Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Week-End Recovery

Seems I am always a few days behind with posting.  We had a great week-end starting with this:






Some sweet friends who attended the Beth Moore Simulcast live from Chicago on Saturday.
We attended and enjoyed a whole day of teaching and worship!

There were 125,000 women attending in 596 locations, 11 countries and several Army bases.

We studied the 8 Truths of Biblical kindness based on Proverbs 31: 26.  
And, of course, Travis Cottrell leading worship is THE BEST!


When I got home Saturday afternoon, I had special company!!





Seems like only a few months ago, Hubs was working on this little project for baby Harper:






Well, this past week, I had another little project for  Hubs for Miss "Big Girl" Harper:







A Youth Bed!!!!

But, guess what, she didn't want anything to do with it......yet!  So we will wait and see if she warms up to it later!  But we are prepared when the new baby comes to visit that we will have a bed for both of them!!





We had a lot of fun outside!  She loves the dogs and the 4-wheeler!





Going to lunch can be a real adventure in entertaining her till the food gets served!


A straw and an iphone did the trick!





We had a fun week-end and look forward to a fun fall with watching our baby grow up and get ready for the new "Spring" baby!   I'm thinking BOY myself!!

But you know we really don't care...boy or girl.... healthy is the prayer on our lips!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend! I'm thinking boy too :)

Melissa's Thoughts said...

What a blessing to be able to attend the Beth Moore conference. And no it doesn't matter boy/girl...just healthy.

Kaysie said...

It looks like you had a great weekend! I have a feeling baby #2 is going to be a boy as well! ;)

The Garners said...

Great pictures of your fun weekend. Love the straw and iphone picture (two tricks we've used also!) :)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

She is precious...Does she play Doddle Buddies on the IPHONE...My little Jack will play for as long as the phones battery last...of course he has made a few phone calls too...I looked at my phone one day last week and he had called my dentist....

Ashley E. said...

That straw picture is so cute!

Haley said...

I don't comment much on Kelly's and have never commented on your blog. I just wanted to let you know that I think you are the sweetest grandmother! My mom passed away 5 year ago when I was pregnant with my oldest daughter. Kelly and Harper (and the new baby) are blessed to have you!

My husband is in the ministry and he was at the conference in FL at the beginning of the year. I remember you blogging about attending it. I am planning on going with him this year and am secretly hoping our paths will cross so that I can hug your neck! :-) Enjoy your precious family!

-Haley in TN

Melissa said...

Love that picture of Harper with the straw in her mouth! My boys have always loved to play with straws too. Isn't it funny the things we'll do to keep them entertained at restaurants! Matthew, my oldest, also used to love to play with the paper coasters.

Brooke said...

I attended the simulcast in Dallas and thought it was wonderful. I've been thinking a lot this week about the Torah of Kindness and how my words sound to those around me. Wonderful food for thought!

You know what makes a great restaurant toy? A pipe cleaner! They are soft and fuzzy and bendy, and apparently endlessly fascinating for my two year old. I always have a crumpled one in the bottom of my purse for "emergencies"! :-)

Lauren said...

Sounds like a great weekend indeed!!!! :)

Patty said...

You did have a perfect weekend! Beth Moore, Harper and Kelly, and the Hogs won!! ;)

I attended a wedding and then watched my Vols get beat (again) by Florida but other than that it was a great weekend. The wedding was beautiful and the reception was fun and church was awesome! I am looking forward to another fun weekend. :)

~SHO~ said...

Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog. Harper & baby #2 are so blessed to have you.
PS. I LOVE Beth Moore too!

Blessings~
queenofsassysavings.blogspot.com