Monday, October 18, 2010

The Week That Was

I guess now that the parents are home again, I can share some pictures of our week with Harper as our special houseguest!


Since Hubby is still on his sabbatical, his assistance came in very handy!  So did his lap for some special rest time for Harper AND Skipper!

I think Skipper was a little confused all week wondering if this "new Kid on the Block" was going to be a permanent fixture in the household.  He didn't think he got near enough attention with her here!

Poppa did come in handy!



These were made Sunday morning before we left for church.


We do know she is an "outside" girl and stayed outside as much as possible.
The weather was so nice and we spent a large portion of our time outside.


A future "tree-hugger" ???


"Sure, Harper, Nonny doesn't mind if you go play out in the street, but watch for deer crossing!"


She drags her feet so Poppa will "jump" her!!  That never gets old!!!

 I'm pretty tired, my arms are sore and I haven't slept through the whole night in a while (like her Mama....so glad they finally got some sleep in the Bahamas).(Maybe we need to go now! har!)

So I guess we HAVE to take her back home tomorrow but she will leave many wonderful memories for her Nonny and Papa of time spent with a precious little girl!

My favorite thing is rocking her before bedtime and singing to her, "Yes, Jesus loves Harper, Yes Jesus loves Harper, Yes, Jesus loves Harper....The Bible tells me so!"

24 comments:

Mallory said...

I didn't know Kelly and Scott were going to the Bahamas! Hope they had a blast...and I know you all did. Great pictures!

Sharmin said...

It looks like you had a great week with your little sweetie. She is such a little doll!

Anonymous said...

She's a little doll! My children spend a week with their grandparents in GA every summer. They LOVE it...the grandparents and the kids. :)

Meghan said...

She is such a cutie! She looks so grown up here.

The Garners said...

A fun week for sure! She's so cute!

Lauren said...

This is just so so sweet!!! Bet y'all were in 7th Heaven!!!! :)

Jacquie said...

You got some sweet pictures!! I love her Sunday dress... adorable.

That is one loved little girl!

ashmhendrix said...

How adorable! I know you enjoyed sweet little Harper so very much!!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Harper is looking so much older. I know you had an amazing week with her. She is just precious! Kelly always has the cutest outfits for her! Thanks for sharing the adorable pictures. Love & blessings from NC!

Miranda said...

She is the SWEETEST thing!!!! I can't get over how cute she is! :-)

Nancy said...

She's getting so big ~ I first started reading when she was just a little baby! Your turn for a vacation! She is just a doll!

Michelle said...

What a blessing you are to sweet Harper AND her mommy & daddy!

Hillary said...

What wonderful grandparents you are! Poor Kelly is going to have a time detoxing her!! :)

Sara said...

So glad you had a great time with Harper. She looks like Kelly in that last picture.

C.Schad said...

It was good to see you all on Sunday at church..I only got a glimpse of Harper from the back in the nursery, she looked SO cute in her orange dress. I hope you are enjoying your time off. I sing that song to Randon every night before he goes to bed!!
Christy

Anonymous said...

Aw, what a great time with grandparents! Especially love the snuggling lounger picture! Poor puppy has to share :)

Laurie said...

Sweet sweet pictures. I know ya'll loved having that little lamb! We loved having K and S with us!

Brooke said...

I love how much these memories mean to you.

My grandparent's house was heaven on earth when I was growing up, and the older I get, the more grand those memories become!

You are blessed that you recognize how special this time is!!

KE II said...

Oh she is just so cute, looks like you had a great week, grandparents are so precious :)

Marie said...

Looks like you and Mr.Steve had a busy week, if anything is better than keeping a grandchild and a first at that,I don't know what it is.
I was lucky enough to keep all 6 of my grand kids while the parents worked, so much fun but also a sigh of relief once the parents came to picked them up every day,
Judy, you captured the best picture of Harper in the orange dress , She is adorable, I am glad that Kelly got a chance for some rest/sleep before the new baby gets here.She has awesome parents !!!!

Julee said...

These are precious photos of sweet Harper! I have many fond memories from the times spent at my grandparents house! I am sure you are tired though. My mom says that God makes mothers young, because the older they are the more tired they are! ha!

Sisters said...

She is so precious. I can't wait to meet you in person on Monday!
AJL

monelle said...

What great memories to cherish! Harper is very blessed :)

Donna said...

Precious pictures. Especially the fourth one. Sometimes Grandparent laps are almost not big enough, but their hearts always are. I know you enjoyed your time with Miss Harper. Are you excited that tomorrow you will find out if you have a grand son or daughter on the way? I know you are about to bust. Either way,I'm praying for a healthy baby and easy delivery for Kelly.
Keeping you in my heart in Ga.
Donna