Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Dear Kelly!!

This was Kelly's first birthday years ago.  Bless her heart, being born just a couple days before Christmas was always tough for a little child.

She would tell you most of her birthday gifts were wrapped in Christmas paper!

But I can't begin to tell you how much that first Christmas with my newborn baby girl meant to me.
I had a C-section and back in those days you stayed in the hospital a full week with a C-section.  So
I spent my Christmas in the hospital.  And you know what, I have nothing but good memories!

Santa came by to visit and brought me a big red stocking to take the new baby home in.  I still have that stocking today......somewhere in a box with Kelly's little shoes, silver teething ring and her favorite little rubber giraffe that she cut her first tooth on.  I kept almost everything about her.  Every doctor's appointment where the doctor wrote on his special paper how much she weighed, how long she was and what new foods I could introduce to her that particular month.

Everything was special to me..........just like everything she did as she grew up into the beautiful young woman she is today.   I will never get over the "specialness" of having my first sweet baby at this time of the year.

And now that we have a special baby, Harper, in our lives, we are equally excited for Miss Hollis to make her way into the world and more importantly, into our hearts!!

Happy Birthday Kelly!  You have been nothing but a blessing to me all your life and I just thank the Lord and love you dearly!

Mom/ Nonny

26 comments:

Jo said...

What a loving post!

Laurie said...

I love reading this post today! Kelly had wonderful parents to raise her! Happy Birthday Kelly!

Lauren said...

SO sweet!!! Happy birthday to your wonderful daughter!!!! :)

waikikimum said...

Happy birthday to Kelly. She is lucky to have such a loving mother. Oh my goodness the photo of Kelly as a baby is like looking at Harper !!! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Love Being A Nonny said...

Happy Birthday to your girl! I cannot get over how much Harper looks like her!

Heather said...

Kelly is who she is today because she knew she was TREASURED... I think that's the best gift we can give our children...
*hugs*
Heather

Nancy said...

Precious post! Happy Birthday to Kelly!

Sandy said...

What a beautiful post about a beautiful daughter.

Kimberly said...

I have a Christmas baby too! My Lindsey was 16 yesterday. Its SPECIAL, I think, to have a baby born around Christmas!
Happy Brithday to Kelly!

Toni :O) said...

Great post, Harper and her could be twins at that age!! My son was born on the 21st of December so I know exactly how you felt. I brought him home on Christmas Day and he truly was the best gift I could have ever gotten. We celebrated his 12th birthday yesterday and it was an absolute blast. The whole restaurant was singing to him, it was awesome! Merry Christmas!

Kelley said...

That is such a sweet post! Happy Birthday to your daughter, Kelly!

Angela said...

Kelly is so blessed to have you as a mom. I celebrate my children's birthdays with them, but deep down consider them to be my special days as I remember the stories of their birth.

Happy "Birth" day to you too!

The Garners said...

Happy Birthday to one of my most favorite people in the world! Love this post!

Kathy said...

My friend Mary at work was saying the other day she remembers Kelly going home in the Christmas stocking. It was a special day and still is! Beautiful post Judy and wow young beautiful you! Happy birth day to you too:)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Kelly and I share the same birthday.....She is wonderful and I understand why

Merry Christmas,
Teresa

Missy Schranz said...

Absolutely sweet post! I follow Kelly's blog, too, and enjoy it very much. Will you come visit my blog, too? I would be very happy. Have a happy holiday season!!!

Missy Schranz
http://missyschranz.blogspot.com

I'm a new follower of yours!

Jacquie Wallace said...

What a sweet sweet post, Judy. I also know what a special Mom you have been to Kelly. She is blessed!

momofall said...

I always see why Kelly is such a sweet special lady everytime I read your blog. She gets so much from you. And, while I think Harper looks like her- I also think SHE looks like YOU !!! Two beautiful ladies with so many blessings. Merry CHRISTmas!!!

Kelly said...

Thanks for having me! :-)
I love you!

ashmhendrix said...

You are such a sweet mama!!! Happy Birthday Kelly!! I am just so thankful for both of you! Your blogs always make me smile! Both wonderful Christian women! Like mother, like daughter! :) Merry Christmas Mrs. Judy!!

Claire said...

What a lovely post! :)

Cxx

R said...

I'm a Christmas baby, too, (26th), and I think it's so special! My husband's birthday is the same day, so we really have fun at this time of year.

Nina said...

Awwww, that is such a sweet post. You're a dear mama. My brother's birthday is the day after Christmas and I always make a point of wrapping his present in birthday paper. :)

I'll have lots of food blogs over the next couple of days so stop in.

Richella Parham said...

Judy, this is a beautiful, beautiful post! Kelly is truly a beautiful woman, and it's easy to see why--she was reared with such love and with the light of Christ's love. What a wonderful heritage!

Every blessing to you and your family this Christmas!

Lynn said...

What a beautiful post, Judy!! The world is a better place because Kelly is in it! Some days her blogs make me laugh and cry, some days cry and some days laugh, but they always bring a smile to my face! Happy birthday to your sweet, loving and kind daughter! She is blessed to have you as her mother!

In His Army said...

This is a precious post. I love you guys, Kelly is a dandy...and that's putting it mildly! She is very special :)