Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sugar Pie Honey Bunch

One of my favorite desserts lately has been these Crescent Roll Apple Pies.  First of all, they are a breeze to fix and take very little ingredients!  You can put them in the oven while you are serving supper and have a great warm dessert after you eat!

The recipe can be doubled depending on how many you are feeding.

Once you try it, I promise you will not only like it, you will make it again and again!


Crescent Roll Apple Pies (makes 8 dumplings)

1 package Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
1 Granny Smith apple
1 stick butter (Hello, Paula Deen)
1 Cup sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup Mt. Dew

Spray 8x8 dish with Pam.  Separate crescent rolls, stretch out to make larger on wax paper.  Peel, core and cut apple into 8 pieces.  Roll each apple piece in the crescent rolls and place in dish.

Mix mixture of melted butter, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla.  Spoon over top of crescents.  Pour Mt. Dew around the rolls.  Do not pour directly on top.  Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.


Speaking of sugar pies.....we got to keep our "sweetie pie" for a couple of days and here are a few pictures of that great adventure!

I just thought that this will probably be her last visit to Nonny and Papa's house as an only child!









Going for rides on the ottoman.......wheeeeeee!


I don't know who had the best time........but I think it was us!!








19 comments:

Kimberly said...

that Harper is too sweet!! I love the pictures with her and her Grandpa. Especially the one where she is pinching his cheeks!

Missy Schranz said...

How precious! Some of my BEST childhood memories were at my grandparent's 5th wheel trailer, when they would come from Arizona to Michigan to visit us for the summer. I had so much fun!!!

Linda said...

Boy those crescent apple pie dumplings look good! I may have to try those.

And your little honey bunch looks like she had such a great time with you guys!

I know y'all must be getting so excited to welcome baby Hollis.

Life is good for your sweet family these days!

Blessings!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Michelle C said...

Oh Judy - she is such a cutie! I love the one of her swinging from the countertop!!

Anonymous said...

I swear that Harper sure is a babydoll. I just saw Kelly's post on her new haircut. She is so precious!

Anonymous said...

She looks just like you in that last picture!

Those pies look SO good!!!

Lolli said...

I have enjoyed following your blog and your daughter's too. I also have a blog which is written to highlight my moments with my grandchildren too! You and I have a common delight in capturing their moments in our lives. I enjoy your recipes too!

http://lollisloves.blogspot.com/

Jacquie Wallace said...

The apple pies look yummy, but I couldn't believe it when I saw Mt. Dew was an ingredient.

I know you had fun with Harper last weekend... she looks so cute in her Valentine's outfit. That is adorable!!

Donna said...

Of course the grandparents had the most fun! We get to spoil 'em rotten, then send them home. ha. I know you are getting ready for Hollis to make her appearance. I know she will be just as beautiful as Harper. Lucky Nonny.
Keeping you in my heeart in Ga.
Donna

ashmhendrix said...

Harper is a doll! She is so blessed you have y'all as grandparents!! :)
I'll have to try that recipe, looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

I make the "apple dumplings" also, and they are scrumptious! Harper is adorable. I think she looks like Kelly. Can't wait to meet Hollis!

Nancy said...

She looks like she had so much fun with you two!!
And that dessert looks wonderful! I think I would have to sneak a little icecream in, too!!

Seriously Though said...

I'm going to make this for din-din tonight! Very excited. If it's not easy for me to make, I end up with chinese take out more often than I wish.

Marie said...

Hi Judy, I made the Crescent Roll Apple Pies today , very good, thanks for posting.
Harper looks like she is having so much fun visiting with you, and I love the one of her climbing up the counter , grandchildren, aren't they precious

Susan M said...

I enjoy both yours and Kelly's blog! I feel like I can relate to you since you and I are both pastor's wives. Happy Friday!

Nina said...

Oh my gosh, that looks so good!!!! I've got to try it!!!

Seriously Though said...

I just came back to your blog to get this recipe. I don't cook very often, but today I'm hoping to have real family meal around the table and thought this looked like easy home-baked yumminess. Thanks

Seriously Though said...

Just thought I'd follow with you and let you know, these were so simple and a big hit. My family didn't I could cook!

Ashley said...

So funny how I came across your blog since I follow your daughter's! My husband and I were asked to bring dessert to a friend's dinner tomorrow, and we just bought a big pack of crescent rolls from Sam's, so I thought I would try to find a recipe to use a roll. I was searching and found this recipe again (It's very popular these days--I did find a variation using peaches though!). I started to scroll down and thought, "That looks like Harper from Kelly's Korner!" Well, I guess I would recognize your family if I ran into y'all around NWA since I recognize them out in cyberspace! I look forward to following your blog and seeing your recipes. :)