Monday, February 28, 2011

Week-end Jaunt

I am always about two days late blogging about something I want to blog about!  I had a busy week-end with going over to see my grandbaby and going to my daughter's church to hear Angie Smith, author of I WILL CARRY YOU.

 This is the story of Angie's daughter who died shortly after birth and her journey through her grief.  It is a wonderful story of God's love that carries us through all of life's trials.

Angie husband, Todd, is the lead singer of the group Selah.  Selah has always been one of my very favorite groups.  Love their sound!

But also a highlight of my trip was this little girl who wrapped her arms and legs around me when she saw me and yelled, "Nonny!"



She has this toy camera which she puts up to her face and snaps "pictures".
Wonder where she learned that?

There were many women who came to hear Angie speak!

Kelly and Angie have become sweet friends!

Kelly got the pleasure of introducing Angie to the group.

I was so glad Daisy, Jacquie and Melody came!


Angie brought one of her four daughters with her!
She was a doll!

Angie signed her book and visited with many people after her talk.

These ladies were so sweet and drove up from Texas.


We had a great time meeting so many sweet ladies.


Meanwhile, back at home, Harper and her Daddy were having some fun!





It was hard to say "bye-bye" once again!!



I just have to add this:  Tonight I was cooking supper when Harper and her mom called us to Skype.

I had just buttered some bread and put in the oven under the broiler.

I got so caught up talking to Harper........well, you guessed it..........


Do you like your toast well-done???

And, yes, Hubs is looking for a home to put me in!!!!





















17 comments:

Paula said...

I love love love the pic of Harper leaned over concentrating with all her might while she reads her book.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I would have loved to have heard Angie speak. I want to get her book and read it. Looks like you had fun being with Harper! And I know you all are so excited for Hollis to get here. Been there, done that... when it comes to burnt food. I had to laugh! Hope you have a wonderful week. Love & blessings from NC!

Kelley said...

I love the pictures of Harper! What a fun weekend! I understand about the toast. I have done that myself.

Anonymous said...

Love your post tonight!

Angie and Kelly are both amazing and I wish we all lived closer because I would love to be on their "friend" list and go for coffee . . . play dates . . . or special church meetings!

The pictures of your bread . . . hysterical! I thought Katelyn and I were the only ones to do that!

Little Harper is growing too fast!
She is a little beauty!!!

Kelley said...

I love the pictures of Harper! I bet it was so neat meeting Angie and visiting with all of the ladies that came to hear her.

Anonymous said...

Gosh I wish I could have gone. I have been following Angie and her blog for some time now. Love her! I think Todd was playing here in Baton Rouge during the same time and I missed that too :(
Sorry about your bread but I bet it was so worth it...hehe. ((hugs)) Susie
ps. We just joined our first small group. We are use to SS and this is a bit different but I think we are going to love it!

Kayla said...

such a fun weekend for you!! so glad so many women were able to go see Angie! ...especially my girls! :)

harper looks SOOO grown up in that little purple outfit! fitting since she's about to be a big sister :)

oh, and the toast...that's just another day in the wallace house! hahaha

Nancy said...

What sweet pictures & I wish I could have heard Angie speak! She is so pretty & seems like such a neat & true-hearted soul!
That cracks me up about the bread! I'm guilty of things like that, too!

Lauren said...

Awww, what a fun weekend!!!!!!! :)

Jenna said...

So fun!!!! And that last picture of you and H is adorable! I THINK she loves her pretty Nonny!

The Garners said...

That bread made me laugh!!! Lane laughs at me because I CANNOT make a grilled cheese without burning it. I'll start it then find myself folding laundry or watering plants or helping someone change the cartoon, etc...."well-done" every time! :)

So excited that this is now the month that H gets to become a big sister!!

Missy Schranz said...

I would have loved to meet Angie myself. I LOVE the group of Selah, especially their cover of "You Raise Me up." How luck you were to meet them and see your grandbaby again. Soon, you will have another one to meet and love!! God bless you an your family.
Love,
Missy

We've Got Scents said...

What a great time you all had together and your pictures are wonderful. Would love to hear Angie speak. I'm sure she was a blessing to all of the ladies there.
Sorry about your bread, but completely understandable:) I'm sure once you explained "why", he was a very understanding Granddad:)
Blessings today and always,
Kaye
Matthew 21:22

Jacquie Wallace said...

We were SO glad that we went!!

I had to laugh at your bread... Kayla is right... and I don't feel so bad now about burning our breadsticks and setting off two smoke alarms last Saturday night! Ha!

Tara G. said...

Looks like you spray painted styrofoam! :)

Richella Parham said...

Kelly is so blessed to have you to help with special times like this! And Harper is one very blessed little granddaughter. I pray that Hollis's arrival will be full of joy and good health for everyone!

Anonymous said...

They look like XL charcoal briquettes