Friday, March 25, 2011

Nanny Nonny

I left home Thursday to come over and be the nanny for a couple of days for my TWO granddaughters!
Actually, Kelly is pretty much taking care of new baby Hollis (except for me holding her and just staring at her for an hour or so) but I am trying to keep a eye on Miss Harper since she is two and is a BUSY little girl!


But the day I left home I had to make a couple of pictures of the six trees we planted last spring!  I am just so excited to see them blooming already!  Spring is MY FAVORITE time of the year and even though we are having another couple of days of cooler weather....I am already feeling renewed just looking at my trees in bloom!






Here is a beautiful picture of new life!



Is there anything sweeter than little baby hands and those tiny fingernails?
(Well, baby feet may be a close second)


We all can just sit and watch her all day!

"Why are all these people watching my every move????"


Big Sister loves to give at least a dozen kisses a day to "her Baby"!

Nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby....such peace!


Harper loves to paint!  Luckily, they have invented paints that don't show up anywhere except on special paper!  Boy, why didn't they invent that about 30 years ago????


We did get tickled that she decided to paint holding the paintbrush with her mouth. Wonder if she has been reading any of Joni Erickerson Tada's books?










18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you are just having a wonderful time over there....hehe. Enjoy your sweet girls! :)

Jacquie Wallace said...

SWEET pictures!!! I can't get over how different the two girls look. But, my boys don't look much alike either...

I absolutely LOVE Hollis' bedding!! BEAUTIFUL!

Marcy said...

I love reading your posts. You are such a sweet Grandma!:)

Lauren said...

I know you are in heaven!!!!! :)

Betsy said...

Those two sweetie pies are both so precious! I know Kelly is glad to have you with her! Enjoy this special time! :)

Linda said...

Judy...I remember what it is like to go help out when a new baby comes.

My grandkids are growing up though...and seeing your new baby Hollis makes me wish more grandbabies were coming.

But I think I have to wait for Great Grandbabies now...and that will be a few years.

But I can enjoy seeing your babies...and I can rejoice with you.

I love seeing Harper giving kisses to Hollis. That is just so precious!

Babies are such blessings from above!

Love, Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

enjoy every minute.....there is nothing like little ones....
Rocking is my favorite sport.

Anonymous said...

AH, so adorable!!

Enjoy your weekend!

I gave you a blog award over at http://loveainslee.blogspot.com/2011/03/im-slacker.html

Anonymous said...

Those two girls are the cutest things ever! Hope you enjoy your grandma time :)

Kelley said...

I bet you are having a wonderful time over there! I love the pictures! So precious!

April said...

Simply said, Judy...you have been greatly BLESSED!

Love Being A Nonny said...

Love that comment about Joni E. Tada! Too funny!

Your littles are perfect!

From One Nonny to another

Anonymous said...

Those TWO grandbabies are beautiful! And Kelly is SO blessed to have you! :) My own mother passed away when I was 16. My children's births were the times when I missed her most so far. AND yes I LOVE spring too! Warm sunshine is good medicine.

The Garners said...

I love the title of this post! :) I bet you're having so much fun. I cracked up at Harper's painting techniques and thought the same thing about Joni E.! Wasn't there a movie about her a loooong time ago--I think I might have seen it in Mt. Home when I was small??

Missy Schranz said...

Absolutely adorable granddaughters!! You must be at your wits end with Harper...any jealous fits yet? Hopefully not!!! Big hugs to you and enjoy your beautiful family!!

JJK said...

Isn't that funny - I immediately thought of Joni as I had read her book as a teenager. I'm now forty so it was a long time ago that I read it but I still remember it. I went over to her website and found it really interesting. Love the photos of the kiddies - you are all very blessed :) Congratulations!

Rebekah said...

I just laugh at Harper in the these pics because they remind me of Cilla!!! So cute! I know you are loving your time with Kelly and the girls! And I know Kelly is glad to have you there. Enjoy every second!!!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I know you are enjoying those 2 sweet grandbabies. Such adorable pictures. I thought about you the other weekend when our church had their ladies retreat at Ridgecrest. Since your husband is a Baptist minister, I wondered if you all had been there before? You are blessed to have such a wonderful family! Love & blessings from NC!