Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday in the Big Apple

Another year of Vacation Bible School got off to a roaring start today!  Our theme is Big Apple Adventure: Where Faith and Life Connect!

Our backdrop is Time Square in NYC!

The screen in the middle is where the video and words to the music are shown!  I always love Lifeway's VBS music....so much fun!!


All the rooms are decorated so cute.....some like Central Park!

This room has a hot dog stand like you would find on the streets of NYC!



I love it when Dad even works in VBS!  Talk about making memories with your kids!


Love it when Grandmothers bring cousins together from out-of-town to go to VBS!

Lots of people registering their children early this morning!

And the part I love the best................the beautiful little faces!!







Even the teachers/workers were spreading the love!!

The last thing of the day is to come to a worship rally!

Ms. Lisa got her "groove" going!



So the first day of VBS went very well.  Guess I'll go back tomorrow to see if it gets any better!




My prayer is that I can still be strong enough to take this sweet little girl and her baby sister with me to VBS someday!  That is my earnest prayer!  It would be the delight of my heart!!








10 comments:

Jodi said...

We just did the BAA at our church here in Georgia last week. It was a BLAST!!! We had so many wonderful children come to Christ and we all had such fun with the material. Enjoy the Bi-Bi-Big Apple Adventure!

Kelley said...

That VBS looks absolutely wonderful! I can't wait for MK to go this year!

jacobcassie said...

We also did BAA last week in Michigan, and LOVED it!

Melissa's Thoughts said...

Our church just finished our BAA VBS last week also. This was my first year not teaching and I missed those little boogers. I rocked babies instead and it nice too.

emily said...

growing up, my siblings and i always went and stayed a week with our grandparents and went to bible school each morning. it was the highlight of our summer! we were only 15 miles down the road, but we thought we were soooo far away from home and the time of our lives!

The Garners said...

Praying for a wonderful week! Crosby and I plan to come up tomorrow, so we hope to see you then (or bright and early Thursday a.m.). Mom said the kids are having so much fun, and Rhett and Jaiden have been practicing the songs for a "concert" (I think they did the same thing last year!?). It sounded pretty wild when I called to try to talk to my kids--neither of them had time to talk to me, but I guess they're doing fine! :) Thank you for all you do!!!

Patty Sumner said...

I hope you have a wonderful week and lots of kids come to hear of Jesus. VBS is a great way to share Jesus! Blessings!

Melissa said...

We did BAA last week, and had a great week! Thirteen kids accepted Jesus as their savior! Hope you have a great week!

Richella Parham said...

You're right--Lifeway does the best VBS stuff! We were at Brookwood Baptist in Birmingham for four years when my kids were little, and VBS was an absolute joy. Lots of work for all the parents involved, but it was a blessing to be part of the team. And the kids loved it! May this be a specially blessed week for your church.

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

my boys love VBS at our church! our theme this year was Pandamania....love it!!!