Wednesday, September 14, 2011

BFF's Birthday

This is what he looked like when we first met in 1969 except he had a little more hair......well, really, a lot more hair!!  (Think a young Justin Bieber's hair...only thicker)  He was 20 years old.  I loved him from the start!   He was smart, funny, very shy and very mature for his age!


This was our third year of marriage around 1974.   We were 25 years old.


This was made in 1976.  Kelly was 2 1/2 and Chris was about 3 months old.  Steve was 27 years old.


OK, I skipped MANY years ahead....... This was years ago in Dallas but obviously all have "grown up"!




Here's Steve now and he is known as "Papa" these days!  Less hair, but still smart, funny, still shy and I love him more with each year that goes by!   Today is his 63rd birthday ( he finally caught up to me!!) and he is the best husband, father and Papa I could have ever dreamed of!  He loves the Lord with all his heart and he loves me and his family.  We are all blessed!

Happy Birthday Steve!!

18 comments:

Mimi in Texas said...

Beautiful photos for us to enjoy. So nice to see families that are still loving and committed after many years of marriage. Harper really looks like Kelly in the 3rd picture. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS SISTER.. HAVE A NICE BIRTHDAY..

Taylor said...

Happy Birthday to him!!!! Hope he has a fabulous day!

Jacquie Wallace said...

I LOVE this post... and I love y'all and the wonderful relationship you share. (He always says that he loved you at first sight, well, sound, too!! Love that!)

I can sure see some of Harper in Kelly in that third photo!!

Happy Birthday to the Preacher!

Sara said...

Happy b-day from Italy.
Sara.

Faith said...

Happy Birthday to your best friend! Y'all are just the cutest. Hope y'all have fun celebrating today!

The Garners said...

Happy Birthday to him!

Kathy said...

Love the pictures! I can't believe how time has flown by so fast. Very sweet blog. Love ya'll.

Kimberley said...

what a nice walk down memory lane! hope steve has a blessed birthday!

jenn said...

Happy Birthday to your Steve! :-)

Mallory said...

Hope it's the best birthday yet!

Nancy said...

Hope you both have a wonderful day celebrating your husband! Happy Birthday, Papa!

Johanne said...

Happy Birthday Papa :) Loved how Harper sang to her Papa, it was so sweet. The picture of a proud Dad with his daughter and son, is very cute, I find Harper looks alot like her Mama in that picture. Thanks for sharing with us all. God Bless.
Johanne
(Canada)

Missy Schranz said...

Happy birthday, Steve! I couldn't help noticing how much Harper looks like Kelly when she was the same age! God bless!
Missy

Kelley said...

Happy Birthday to Steve! Love looking at your pictures! Hollis looks like your son Chris.

Kelley said...

Also, thanks so much for the comments on by blog about the girls' Hog dresses. I had them made by Bizzy Bee Quilts. It is a mother/daughter sewing team.

Tara G. said...

Hope you had a great time celebrating!! I'm 2.5 months older than my husband and he loves to say "you're a year older" for that time! :)

Anonymous said...

I just now read this post so realize I'm late, but Happy Birthday, Steve. Your family is very lucky to have you!!