Monday, February 27, 2012

When Grandmas Come in Handy.....

As most of you know, Kelly has been in the hospital for a few days this past week.  I had brought Harper home with me on the 17th to stay a few days and then took her home the next week.  Little did I know then I would turn around the next day and go back to help out with the two grand babies while Kelly was in the hospital.  Scott's parents came to help too.  We laughed about how many of us it took  to take care of two little girls while Kelly does it so well every day of the week!

So after Kelly got out of the hospital on Saturday, we decided it would be good for her if I took Harper home again just until she gets feeling better!  Besides that, we LOVE having her!  She is so funny and we love her little cutting eyes and the funny things she says and does!

I just wanted to share something she did that makes me love her ever so much!  We were eating lunch in a restaurant on Sunday and it was very crowded.  She wanted to pray immediately after we ordered our food (not wanting to waste any time) and she wanted all of us (9 of us) to hold hands and SHE would pray.  But she looked around to the next table which was VERY close to ours and said to them, "We need to pray" and held out her hands.  She wanted EVERYONE to pray, not just at our table  but all tables!    I love that she prays such a sweet prayer, thanking God for her Mama, Daddy, Hollis,Nonny, Pappa, Gigi, Pappaw, Chris, Carrie, AND Dawson, Bobber, Skippy, Coco and Bandit (the last 5 are all our dogs)!  And then, at the end, she says a BIG "Thank you Jesus, AMEN"

I can't tell you how that blesses my heart!

So we are home now. Kelly is doing much better.  Harper has been very busy today making cookies, riding her tricycle and we all took a long walk when Papa got home from work.  Beautiful day!

We want to thank everyone for the prayers said on Kelly's behalf this week! As the scripture says in Psalms 102:1-2, " Hear my prayer , O Lord! And let my cry for help  come to Thee. Do not hide Thy face from me in the days of my distress; In the day when I call answer me quickly."

He did just that!  And we thank HIM!

Also a request to please remember our sweet DIL Carrie's Dad, Carl, who has been in the hospital very ill.  He is home now and getting much stronger!  We ask for your prayers for his complete recovery!

I leave you with....well, you know.....pictures of my sweet kids!  No apologies, really! I am so very thankful for them!











I love this because we were making cookies using Harper's Great-grandmother's rolling pin.



Hollis is holding two of the cutest things you have ever seen!  Made by sweet Donna in Macon, Georgia, one is a fairy princess(complete with wings) and the other is a monkey in a pink knitted dress with a pink bow in her hair.  I have never seen such workmanship...they are darling!  Thank you, again, Donna, for your loving heart and your beautiful creations!


Harper sitting in my little rocker I had as a child and then my kids used it also.



We appreciate Harper's Mom and Dad letting us keep her this week!
She is a real blessing to us!





26 comments:

Jen S. said...

What cute, cute pictures! I'm so glad to hear Kelly is doing much better. What a scare! Looks like you guys had a great time with Harper while she was there. That's so nice you helped out so much.

Misty said...

Love the post. I'm just a blog follower of Kelly's and now your blog too. I'm a Southern KY girl who loves the Lord and just really enjoys reading about the lives of other Christian folks. So glad Kelly is doing better. You are such a wonderful grandma. God bless you! Misty from KY.y

Sara Campbell said...

So glad you are able to help Kelly. I've been praying for her. Remember what a blessing it is to be there to help...we are 6000 miles away from my folks. However, God has blessed us with good health, knowing we would not have the grands nearby. I had a kidney stone one night and my 5th child was a newborn, I praying, "Lord how will I do this? I need my mom." He healed me that night. Lots of love to you all and so glad Kelly is better!!! (I used to make prank calls with her at OBU, wonder if she's ever confessed that to you?!)

Love Being A Nonny said...

I prayed for Kelly...for all of you as you walked a scary road. So glad to see things have calmed down some. The pictures are ADORABLE!

Joke said...

Happy to hear Kelly is doing well. Your beautiful family is so inspiring to me.

Chelsa said...

Glad Kelly is doing so much better! I'm sure she is very grateful that you are able & MORE THAN willing to watch Miss Harper while she recooperates :) It's important for momma's to take care of themselves too!

Harper looks like she is having a blast :) Love all the pictures!

A.K.W. said...

How fun, that was precious about her getting everyone to pray with her! My 5 year-old niece's nickname is Coco, her actual name is Caroline.

Blessings,

Amy

Carrie Martin said...

Love all of the wonderful pictures Judy! Also thank you so much for the prayers for my dad. We are so thankful he is recovering! Love you! Carrie

Mallory said...

So glad Kelly is better! What a scary deal. Looks like a fun week regardless with the 'grands'...Harper seems to really enjoy herself at your house! :)

Megan said...

How wonderful for you to be able to have such precious time with your grand daughters! I have missed seeing their pictures on Kelly's blog. I am SO glad she is doing better. You are a wonderful Nonny and Mommy to Kelly and her girls!

Donna said...

So glad Kelly is doing better! What a wonderful treat to have Harper with you. She is such a doll. Hope the girls enjoy the toys. I had fun making them. Steal some "Harper" sugar for me.
Keeping you in my heart in Ga.
Donna

Rebecca said...

Judy~so glad Kelly is better and that you were all able and willing to help! What a blessing! I know you and your hubby are eating Harper up this week! : )
If you have an IHOP anywhere near you, today Feb 28th is the free pancake day all day long, the proceeds (donations) go to the Children's Miracle Network which helps Children's Hospitals all over the country. We met our daughter and her youngest B today and as we prayed I thanked God for sparing B and bringing him through those 8 days in the NICU!
Thanks for the pix of everyone, PRECIOUS! Enjoy your week!

jenn said...

So glad Kelly is doing better! What a blessing you were able to help her out! It looks like you are enjoying your time with Miss Harper! :-)

Anonymous said...

Harper is such a 'treasure'!

Anonymous said...

Harper is such a 'treasure'!

Laurie said...

These pictures are all so sweet! I know you are enjoying Harper. I know she is having a blast!!

The Anglin Family said...

So glad Kelly is doing much better! That is the sweetest story- Harper is already shining for Jesus and sharing her love with others. That is so precious!!

Island Baby said...

Too cute!! Harper is such an adorable character. I know it will be so hard to send her home. She always looks like she is having the time of her life with her grandparents. I noticed she prays for everyone except her baby sister! Ha! Love how she includes the doggies. Thank god Kelly is healed!

His Doorkeeper said...

Island Baby.....Oops...No she doesn't leave Hollis out at all....that was her Nonny writing in a hurry!!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

I love the story about Harper at the restaurant. So very precious. It looks and sounds like you all are having a great time. I'm very happy that Kelly is home and doing well.

Nancy said...

Love that cute Harper is with you!! I love your posts!
So thankful to our Healing God that Kelly is on the mend. I will keep Carrie's family & Dad in my prayers.
Your blog & Kelly's blog is such a blessing to read!

Morgan's mom said...

Judy, like you, I LOVE to keep my grandbabies, but I am so sorry this time it is because Kelly has been so sick! I have been praying for her complete recovery. You are such a blessing to her and to the girls, isn't being a grandma a very special gift from God?!

Anonymous said...

I could just see Harper now!!! What a doll wanting to pray with everyone. I know that Kelly has some hard days with two active girls but she is doing such an awesome job. This story just proves it. Thanks for sharing those pictures too!

Kelley said...

That is so precious! I love it! I know you were super proud of her!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love the pictures and stories....and so get the grandmother role....I kept a sick little one today....always on call...

so thankful that Kelly is better.....

Linda said...

Hi Judy...I thought of you when Kelly was in the hospital. I not only prayed for her to be healed of that nasty staph infection...but I prayed for Scott the girls, and for all of you grandparents too! I am sure that was so hard on everyone. I am so thankful that God answered all of our prayers.

I know you are having fun with Harper this week...and I loved the pictures and the stories here about her. How precious that she loves to pray...and wanted everyone in the restaurant to pray with her!

And the care home story that Kelly shared was precious too.

Hollis will be walking before too long. You will have two little gals to keep up with. (:>)

It is so sad that Branson had Tornadoes last night...I saw some of the awful damage! I hope you didn't have any storm troubles.
We have been planning a trip there and it just makes me sad to see the devastation. Storms are scary! Kelly always shares that she hates tornado warnings...and I totally agree. But God is in control...and we can always turn to Him in times like these.

Bless you sweet Judy...have a great day!

Love, Linda