Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Wedding and Five Babies

I love spring!  It brings warmth, greenness and new life to the world.


It is also a time for families....graduations, Mother and Father's Day, weddings and lately, lots of new babies!


This past week-end we went to a unique wedding in a pecan field.
It was by far one of the prettiest weddings I have ever been to.


The bride is a beautiful(inside and out)young lady who we have known "before birth".  She grew up in our church and we have had the pleasure of watching her mature into the wonderful young lady she is today.  She went off to college and met an equally wonderful young man and we were blessed to see them united in marriage on Friday night.


God's Canopy






Daniel wrote an original song and sang it for Katherine! 

The wedding party prayed for the couple and then they had a first communion
as man and wife.
The groom's father, a pastor, and their campus pastor did the vows.


Someone must be a "Star Wars" fan!!

Tonya and David, mother and father of the Bride.

A beautiful "reception" room!

Our friends from home, Brenda and Randy, also came to the wedding.
They have known the bride "before birth" too!

It was a heart-warming wedding and we look forward to seeing how  the Lord will bless this wonderful young couple!



On Mother's Day our church traditionally does Baby Dedications.

Sunday we had five(all boys) that were brought by their parents for the occasion.  This is not infant baptism but more a dedication of their children by the parents to be raised in the "nurture and admonition of the Lord" as stated in Ephesians 6:4.

I tried to get pictures of all but some did not turn out well because of the "juggling" that the parents had to do!!

But it was a pleasure to see beautiful children with their parents and to get to pray for their lives in Christ!







This is one of my favorite times in the church!

We also had some wonderful "special" music brought by our talented singers!  What a blessing they are!

Bert, in the yellow shirt, is also the grandfather of one of the new little boys dedicated on Sunday!  How neat is that?



I love my church and my church family!  
God is so good!















10 comments:

Karen said...

Nothing can compare to a wonderful church family! Loved the setting for the wedding and what a sweet way to begin life together as husband and wife with communion.

Linda said...

What a lovely place for a wedding Judy! I love spring too...and all the things you mentioned.

We do baby dedications on either Mother's Day and or Father's Day.

I like that the newly married couple took communion together...how special.

Have a lovely day!
Love, Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

The Garners said...

Loved every bit of this post! :)

Anonymous said...

What a great wedding! Simple, but beautiful. I love the guests praying for the couple

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

What a lovely post, Judy. The wedding was beautiful and I know was very meaningful to all who attended. Baby Dedication on Mother's Day -ahh, how special. Thanks for sharing a great weekend of fellowship and worship with us.

Kathy said...

Beautiful place for a wedding! I loves the R2D2 cake. I bet Chris was thinking why didn't I think of that for mine. Ha.

Love Being A Nonny said...

I love the quilt on the cake table! I am assuming it was a family heirloom! We had our twins dedicated this past weekend too. Just blogged about it! What a precious time.

Love, From the other Nonny

Tara G. said...

We just had our last small group last night and as I looked around I was so thankful God gave us the opportunity to lead this year and be part of such a diverse group from our church. These are the type of things that pull on a heart when it's time to move on...but we're looking forward to Arkansas! :)

Richella Parham said...

I love this post, Judy! I can just imagine the beauty of a grove of pecan trees for a wedding. You're right: God's canopy!

Our church also did baby dedications on Mother's Day. There wasn't a dry eye in the house! We're a fairly new congregation and we don't yet have a building, but I am so grateful for my church family. What would we do without the Family of God?

Hope you have a great week!

P.S. I don't think I ever commented on your Moon River post--I was such a big Andy Williams fan!! I used to listen to LP's of him over and over. My grandmother would make me sing "Born Free" for her friends. :)

Candis Berge said...

Oh my, what a lovely wedding outdoors. Loved seeing the pictures. All is well here in Minnesota; one son and family moving closer (fargo)while another son and family moving further (St. Louis!)to attend seminary there. Guess we'll get to know that part of the country now. (the other son is staying put in Minneapolis.)