Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas 2012

I am so far behind with my blogging. Thanksgiving has come and gone and I haven't written anything.  I started blogging to help me keep up with my life since I am beginning not to remember things daily!  Can anyone say, "Senior Moments"?

So I am starting fresh today and think I will try and post just a couple of pictures of our Christmas with the kids.  We had Thanksgiving with our son and family and Christmas with our daughter and family.  One day we will all get together!

I did want to post a few pictures of our Young Adults Bible study group who came to our house for our annual Christmas get-together.  They are the sweetest group and we played games, ate (of course!!) , made Christmas ornaments and just enjoyed being together!



The girls most always end up sitting together and the guys in the other room!






Gwen got tickled when she was trying to draw!


We also had our Children's Christmas program and naturally, it was a wonderful time to see the children sing and portray the manager scene the night of our Savior's birth!



Hubs built  the "Inn" and the manger for the program!











We appreciate all those who work with our children on a regular basis and those who helped with the Christmas program!





We got to keep our precious Hollis a few days before her Mom, Dad and Big Sister came over for the holidays.

We certainly had a fun time with her.  I bought her something to wear you won't see her in very often and I thought she looked like a doll! 




She is such a funny little spirit!  LOVE keeping her and getting some one-on-one time with her.  


Just a few Christmas pictures and I'll be done till next year!!  Don't you hate taking down Christmas decorations??  I love to put them up and dread taking them down.  But I do get an urge to clean....so I guess that's a good thing!

Here's a few decorations this year! Remember the little red benches I bought when I was recouping from my foot surgery in September?  I thought they looked very "Christmasy" for the front porch. I couldn't find any Christmas pillows I liked but  I went to Goodwill and found two little red plaid pillows for $2 each that I put on each bench!



I always love my parents' nativity!

Wanted to add a little burlap just to be current!!


Now let the REAL fun begin.....



It was so sweet to see the girls get together again after being apart for a few days.  They love each other so much. (And they fight like sisters too!)


Hollis was happy to see her Daddy!




Harper made cookies for Santa!


Hollis was happy to sample the cookies!















We pretty much wore Skippy out! He never gets up on the furniture unless one of the "Grand-dogs" are here.  They get on the furniture so I guess he thinks this is his house so he can too!


Harper has stayed a few extra days with us after Christmas and we have had so much fun!  She is so funny and good-natured! We adore being with her!

She wanted to be Spider Girl.

Despite the frigid temps, she and Papa went out daily to ride her bike!

She put on Papa's coat, his Ranger Boats hat and said, "I want to look like Papa".  We had a good laugh!



Thank you Lord for the joys of the season!  Not just for the songs of Great Tidings, the beautiful lights and decor, the smells of Christmas cookies baking in the oven, the warmth of love ones spending time together but we celebrate the birth of the One Who came to earth as a baby to have a relationship with mankind and be the sacrificial Lamb for our sins.

Hallelujah! What a Saviour!

Blessings for a wonderful New Year!


















11 comments:

trish said...

Of course both girls are adorable, but I simply loved seeing Hollis in the denim overalls!! So cute.
Could you ever get Harper in a pair?
I have three boys so that's all I get to do is jeans/pants!

Trish walker

Casey said...

My parents have that very same nativity and it is my absolute favorite Christmas nativity. I have tried to find one just like it and can't. Your decorations and family are gorgeous!

Melissa Stover said...

the girls are so beautiful. i know you had a wonderful time having them there for christmas.

Charlie's Mommy (Beth) said...

Overalls are so cute on little girls! I hope she keeps up the look. I'm glad to see that you had such a wonderful time with your family.

Linda said...

Dear Judy...I loved this post. Your little girls are so adorable. I like keeping up with them here, and on Kelly's blog!

It looks like y'all had a wonderful Christmas, with Church friends and of course your beautiful family.

Loved the pictures of Hollis....and that is neat that she got to spend some time with you. I love the hug Harper gave her when they reunited!

Then Harper had her time with you after Christmas...how special! She is fun.

Our youngest daughter used to like to dress up in her daddy's hats and boots and stuff when she was little, and she always gave us such a laugh!

Life sure has its wonderful moments huh? (:>)

Speaking of such...we haven't done our Christmas yet. 23 of us will all be here together tomorrow! I am so looking forward to it!

I pray the New Year will be a good one for all of you!

Love, Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Candis Berge said...

Happy New Year! Fun to see another update. Your church life looks so familiar to life here. I'm sure the young couple must just love you and hubs. Your love for them shows.
Of course, the H girls are totally scrumptious!

Tara G. said...

I love that last photo of Harper! We're still waiting for snow to melt off down here in Little Rock. I just moved from Ukraine and have Alaska tags on my car, but couldn't go anywhere the past couple of days!! :)

Courtney said...

What a wonderful Christmas. Having little ones around make the season so special.

Maryellen said...

Oh my, I just love the photo of the girls looking into the doll house. It is just darling.

Looks like a wonderful blessed time. Happy New Year .

Donna said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas. I know how much you enjoyed having each girl stay with you. Special one-on-one spoiling time!

Christi said...

The girls with their grandpa remind me of my girls with theirs. Of course they are 10 & 8 now and continue to have a special bond (nicknames even) with their grandpa. Melts my heart. They are headed with their brother to spend 2 days with grandma & grandpa. Grandma, cooks and nurtures them in a way no other can...while grandpa plays with them and always as stories to share...which we love.