Monday, January 14, 2013

Cold Days with Heart-Warming Events

We had a busy week-end but each day was filled with so much joy!

Started our week-end with our first granddaughter's Fourth birthday party.  She doesn't officially turn four until Wednesday (16th) but her parents had her party on Saturday.  I'm sure most of you who read Kelly's blog have already seen enough pictures of the party but I always like to throw mine into the mix!



The Birthday Girl!







Hollis was just as excited as Harper was about Harper's birthday!  Of course, she got a few presents too from her grandparents so she probably thought it was her party too!  She is the sweetest little girl!

The girls watching out the window for their guest to arrive.




Harper has some beautiful little friends!

Emily loved getting her nails painted by a cowgirl princess!

This may be a little strange but this was my favorite picture I made of Harper.  It was near the end of the party and her tiara was slipping, tears in her pink eye-shadowed little eyes and she was done!  Party-pooped! But isn't she beautiful?

We are so blessed beyond our wildest dreams to think the events that unfolded four years ago that were SO HORRIBLE could bring us such joy through such a loving little girl.  We have nothing but praise for the One who graciously answered our(and thousands of others out there)prayers for her to live.

This is a verse from the Bible that someone sent me four years ago and I wrote it down and put it in a little book I am saving for Harper someday.

It is from 2 Corinthians.....

"But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves, but on God.....On Him we have put our Hope that He will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers.  Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many."

I will never forget and will always be indebted to those of you who prayed during that time for Harper and our family! 


After we went home from enjoying all the "Princess" festivities, we were gearing up for some exciting times with our church family.


We experienced two baptisms and a deacon ordination on Sunday!


These are some of our deacons who participated in the ordination service.

These five men each gave their testimonies of how God has worked in their lives.  It was a tearful moment for me to hear them speak of how their life has been touched by the Lord.


Pastor Hubs gave the men their charge from God's word from 1 Timothy.

Then the other ordained men in the church came by each and gave them a word of encouragement through prayer.

Then it was time for hugs and encouragement from all our church family!




What a great night it was!


These three newly-ordained young men really blessed my heart because I have known them since they were little boys!  Now they are married with children and I feel so honored to be their pastor's wife! They and their wives are in our Young Adult's Bible study class!  We love each one of them and are so happy to see them committed to raising up their families in church!

I wanted to leave you a quote I read somewhere on Twitter today!

It was spoken by one of our favorite pastors from Jacksonville, Florida, Mac Brunson. Food for thought:

"Are your hands so full of what God has blessed you with that you have NO time or room for God?"






11 comments:

Donna said...

I love the picture of Harper with the teary eyes,too. What a beauty. And little Hollis...couldn't you just eat her with a spoon! Looks like y'all had a great princess party.

Charlie's Mommy (Beth) said...

That's a great quote from Pastor Brunson. I am from Jacksonville, FL!

Friedas Farmhouse said...

Looks like you had a wonderfully full week! I have read Kelly's blog for some time now & she is a sweetheart like her mama!

Harper's princess party looked so fun! Those grandbabies are just precious!! Hope your week is grand~

Melissa's Thoughts said...

Harper is such a blessing to each of us that have followed her journey. I can't believe she is 4!! Thank you for sharing the pics about the men in your church. I love to see men pray.

Tara G. said...

It's fun to see the grandparents' point of view! I'm making your salsa this week! :)

Kelley said...

I loved seeing your pictures from the birthday party! SO precious! I remember reading about Harper's birth and praying for her until she came home.

KimberlyMDavis said...

Loved your last line, as it was a sweet reminder to keep our priorities in line with the Will of God.

Kim
Knoxville

Candis Berge said...

Darling pictures but the thing that was most encouraging was to see those young men that God has raised up. Our nation needs godly men to lead our homes and nation! Amidst the discouragement of our godless culture we still can rejoice that God is still at work in lives today!

Cathy's World said...

I love the pictures. I love the one of Harper at the end. My granddaughter is always DONE by the end of her party also. She just turned 3 a week before Christmas and she was a mess by the end of her party.

Your babies are so beautiful. Praise God!!!

I wanted to thank you for letting me know where you got your pillows. We don't have a T J Max close by. We do have a marshals. I was so happy to find them there.

Thank you again.

Have a blessed week,
Cathy

Renae said...

Sweet grandbaby you have their!! Love the end of you post, such a beautiful thing to see men coming in the house of the Lord “Doing God’s work”! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I love this blog...and you and I have a lot in common! (special ed retirees)