Friday, February 1, 2013

Sassy and Southern and other Sweet Things

We just got home from a trip to Florida and I am knee-deep in mail and laundry!  It takes me days to get my house back in order after a long trip and I am getting slower all the time!

I had the neatest gift sent to me just before I left on my trip that I wanted to share with you.

Two of the sweetest girls from Tennessee, Trisha and Missy, who have a custom photo pendants and charms business, wrote me and ask if they could make me a pendant.  I have had people approach me before and want me to advertise their things on my blog but have never accepted any of them after checking them out.

However, after reading Trisha and Missy's site, I was impressed with them and decided I would love to show all of my readers what a neat product they make.  Go to sassyandsouthern and check them out! 



Here is a picture of me just before I went out the door with my new pendant of my three beautiful granddaughters!  Their names and birthdays are on the back.  They can put pictures, Bible verses, dates or anything you like on the pendant.  I will be looking for a new chain for mine soon but you can also attach the pendant to a string of pearls or whatever you have!

This would make a great Baby gift for a new mother (or a wonderful gift for an old Nonny like me with the grands)!  A couples picture for a Valentine's gift or a wedding picture with the date on the back sounds so sweet!

So go over and give Sassy and Southern a look and tell them I sent you!


Our first stop on our trip was a quick trip to Dallas for a little family gathering to honor our newest grand baby.  Since my children do not want pictures of her on the internet I have a limited amount of pictures to show!!  Nearly every picture I made had her in it!

So I will just show the parents!


Carrie's aunt Louise and her cousin Ann were gracious host for a lovely brunch!

Here are a few more enjoying the good food!

I love this picture.  Since the parents wanted pictures of everyone with the baby, son Chris set up his "Sears Portrait Studio" and I took this picture of everyone trying to get the baby's attention as pictures were being made!  So funny what tactics we use to get a good picture!!


Hubs and I left there for a two-day trip to Destin on our way to Jacksonville for the pastor's conference at FBC.

Destin is a great place for a vacation but of course, it is the "off-season" and the beaches were vacant!  We had the whole beach to ourselves for a nice walk. It was also our 42nd wedding anniversary so that made it a special time for us to have some quiet time alone!


It was cool and windy that day but you could see forever!



Nothing but us and the seagulls!  What a great day!



Then on to Jacksonville for four days of hearing God's Word and listening to the best music this side of heaven!  The FBC choir and orchestra and all the special music was just great.  Travis Cottrell was leading the worship music and all you Beth Moore girls know who he is.  I did get a chance to say "Hello" to him and he was very gracious to take time to talk to an old lady admirer of his!





One of the highlights this year for me was the pastors' wives luncheon with guest speaker, Pam Tebow.  Of course, every one knows her as Tim Tebow's mother but she spoke very little about him actually. She was a beautiful, soft-spoken woman who spoke about how God has lead her to raise her children in His Word.



She spoke about the importance of having children memorize scriptures and how that Word is embedded into their minds and hearts and stays with them their whole life.  This is so true and the main reason for having programs for children in our churches to teach them to hide scripture in their hearts.

 "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every Word from God" .  Deuteronomy 8:3

"So faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God." Romans 10:17

"And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God." Ephesians 6:17

"And the Lord said....Assemble the people to Me, that I may let them hear My Words so they may learn to fear Me all the days they live on the earth and that they may teach their children."  Deuteronomy 4:10

The church in Jacksonville provided a beautiful luncheon for the pastors' wives after hearing Pam Tebow speak.

This is outside the Children's Building(imagine having a whole building just for the children!) where we were waiting to go in for the luncheon.





 Each table was beautifully decorated with fresh flowers and the chairs had huge gold bows tied in the back....looked like a wedding reception!  The food was delicious also: fresh pineapple scooped out and filled with three different salads and fresh fruit on the plate with a blueberry muffin.  For dessert, dark chocolate cake that was almost too much for me....but I ate it anyway!!


They also gave us a bag of goodies consisting of five new books and jewelry from Premier Jewelry.

Believe it or not, I have never had a cross necklace and now I have one with three different crosses! Thank you so much, Jacksonville FBC,  for the ministry to us!  You may us feel special indeed!


We drove home and this picture was on the bridge over the Mississippi River.
We decided to drive home on the backroads through Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi and we enjoyed it soooooo much!!

I loved coming through Georgia and smelling peanuts as we drove by the peanut farms.  What a great time.....you can't get that driving down the interstate!!





14 comments:

Charlie's Mommy (Beth) said...

I drive that bridge everyday...we call it the Dames Pointe Bridge. Hope you enjoyed Jacksonville.

Mike, Kacy & Wells said...

My aunt goes to FBC Jacksonville. I remember going there as a little girl and they had a parking garage for church. Unbelievable for an Arkansas girl :-).

Patty Sumner said...

What a wonderful trip...FBC Jacksonville was so gracious...how well you were treated...Pastor's wives need that..The ministry is very draining. It is nice to be ministered to.. The food, travis, Pam Tebow,the gifts..What a blessings. Sorry for all the laundry....:( Have a great day and Blessings!

Maryellen said...

What a jam packed trip. So neat you got to enjoy so many different little side trips along the way. Your lunch looked delicious !

Melanie Keffer said...

I love hearing and seeing things from your viewpoint. It just always strikes a familar note with me. Many years ago before I was married, while working for our denomination, the minister I worked for insisted I attend a class he was teaching. This was a class for the older youth of our state. I went as his secretary, thinking I would be working but he never called on me. Years later I realized the wisdom of what he did. The class was on the importance of memorizing the Scriptures. I had never heard it the way he presented it. I know now God meant for me to be there. I never forgot that so that when I had children, guess what I did! All their lives I have done that, even now. On fact a rule of the house is they must be able to recite from memory the entire 91st Psalm before they go off to college.

I cannot explain it, but can verify that the Word of God planted in us this way makes a tremendous difference and is a strength for what we face in this world. I would highly recommend it for everyone, and especially for children. One of my precious possessions is a tape recording of my oldest daughter reciting the 23rd Psalm when she was 2-1/2 years old. They are not too young to learn wonderful Bible verses.

Thanks for this post. I really enjoyed it. I wish I could tell you how much of it I was relating to - but this post is already long enough.

Take care,

Melanie Keffer
Olive Branch, MS

Melanie Keffer said...

Oh, and I forgot to mention I will be checking out the jewelry you mentioned on this post!! I love finding good sources for things!

I think it is great to support small/homegrown/mom-and-pop businesses!

What great products we get also, don't you think?

Melanie Keffer

Kelley said...

What a wonderful trip! I loved seeing your pictures! I will have to check that website out!

Unknown said...

I'm soooo glad that you loved your pendant! You have an amazing family and a wonderful ministry! Thank you for the sweet blog post!

Hugs~Trisha

Unknown said...

I am soooo happy that you loved your pendant!! You have a precious family and a wonderful ministry! Thank you for the sweet blog post!

Hugs~Trisha

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love the pendant.......Want to order one.

gayle said...

I always enjoy your words! You are so lovely, I cant believe you are old enough to have been married 42 years. You look like sweet Kelly's sister

Sabrina said...

Glad you guys had a great trip! The beach was beautiful! I live on the gulf coast (Alabama) and I've somehow never been to Destin. I've heard the beaches are beautiful there.
How neat that they gave all of the Pastor's wives jewelry from Premier Designs! I am a jeweler with them--and one of my favorite things about the company is how they support missions and ministries local and globally. And that luncheon looked DIVINE!!! That pineapple salad dish looked amazing!

Sabrina said...

Glad you guys had a great trip! The beach was beautiful! I live on the gulf coast (Alabama) and I've somehow never been to Destin. I've heard the beaches are beautiful there.
How neat that they gave all of the Pastor's wives jewelry from Premier Designs! I am a jeweler with them--and one of my favorite things about the company is how they support missions and ministries local and globally. And that luncheon looked DIVINE!!! That pineapple salad dish looked amazing!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

I hate that I missed seeing you this year. :( I love that you are treated so well...a much deserved treat. :)