Wednesday, January 2, 2013

JESUS CALLING


Do you know about this little book?  I got it last year in the middle of the year and it has been one of the most delightful tools in learning more about just how Jesus speaks to me.  I just have been so inspired by reading a small paragraph from it each day after my morning time in God's Word.

I just wanted to share today's message.  It spoke to me so much about how I needed to take the time to let God speak to me.  My mind is always going in hundreds of directions, whether it be insignificant, like taking one load of laundry out of the washer and put in the dryer, or needing to get ready to go somewhere or thinking what I need to be doing for a church member in need.

Today's message just spoke to me.  Maybe it will you too.


"Relax in My Healing Presence.  As you spend time with Me, your thoughts tend to jump ahead to today's plans and problems.  Bring your mind back to Me for refreshment and renewal.  Let the Light of My Presence soak into you, as you focus your thoughts on Me.  Thus I equip you to face whatever the day brings."

(And here is the sentence that jumped off the page to me this morning:)

"THIS SACRIFICE OF TIME PLEASES ME AND STRENGTHENS YOU."

"Do not skimp on our time together. Resist the clamor of tasks waiting to be done. You have chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from you."

Based on Psalm 105:4 and Luke 10: 39-42


Lord, let me learn to spend quality time with you because I certainly need your strength today and the days ahead in this new year.  Amen!

17 comments:

Patty Sumner said...

Sweet! I am so guilty of rushing my day and pushing aside my valuable time with the Lord.... thanks for the reminder... I am gong to have to look up this book.. Blessings!

A.K.W. said...

I just started reading it, I got it a couple of months ago from some friends of our's, my parent's each got a copy of it as well. I've posting from it on my blog for 2013, I think I'll read it each year though.

Blessings,

Amy

Natasha said...

Amen! What a timely reminder for me.

Sisters said...

Judy, I too read this and was touched by this morning's message. I am a planner of all planners, so it hit me in the gut as I prepared for our first day back to work and school for the new year. Perfect timing.
AJL

absees123s said...

I am going to add this book to the list that I'm going to read this year. One of my resolutions is to spend more time with God in his word. TY!

Candis Berge said...

Good words. Necessary words. As women we are so focused on "doing" and it is so hard to sit still. And listen. And worship. Thank you for this post.

Lauren said...

This is GOOD!!! :)

Melanie Keffer said...

Judy, I love your posts and am always so blessed by them. I think it is because I relate to so much of what you say.

This particular post reminded me of something God has been teaching me . . . To trust Him. When you "let go" of anything, what you are doing in essence is letting go and letting God have the controls.

That is my lesson.

Thanks so much for sharing the things you share. I don't think you will ever know how much your posts bless me.

Melanie Keffer
Olive Branch, MS

KimberlyMDavis said...

Love Love Love this devotion book. A sweet friend gave me to me a few years ago,and its been a staple in my daily reading ever since. Then a couple of days ago, I picked up Jesus Today from Lifeway, and got to read Sarah's introduction this morning and WOW, her journey is incredible. :-) Such a story of hope!

Have a blessed 2013!!

His Doorkeeper said...

Melanie, Would you email me at judymart279@gmail.com when you get a chance? I'd like to "talk" to you since you don't blog much!

Thanks!

Maryellen said...

WOW powerful sentence.
We speak how much we want to please Jesus and pray to be stronger. Guess we just got our answer ; )

Thank you for sharing !

Unknown said...

I am so glad you are back to blogging. Your writings are always so encourgaging.
Thank you.

Melanie Keffer said...

I sure will. It may be a day or so before I get a chance, but I sure will.

Melanie Keffer

Pam said...

Thank you for your thoughts on the book. I had read about it in the summer and looked at it but didn't buy it as I was confused if it was a good interpretation of what Jesus would say. After reading this post I am going to try my best to have a quiet time each day.

Pam said...

Thank you for your thoughts on the book. I had read about it in the summer and looked at it but didn't buy it as I was confused if it was a good interpretation of what Jesus would say. After reading this post I am going to try my best to have a quiet time each day.

elliebelle said...

Thank you for taking the time to share that - how very uplifting and just what I needed to hear!

Richard Lawry said...

Looks like a book I would like to read. I will have to find it.


An Arkies Musings