Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Just couldn't let this Mother's Day go by without posting about my Mother.  She has been gone for seven years now and there are very few days in a week that go by that I don't think of her in some way.


People say you ALWAYS miss your Mama when she's gone and I am believing that to be the truth.  So much I would love to still share with her...especially the three beautiful great grand-daughters she has.  She would LOVE them so much!

Mother was  the original "Kelly" in the fact that she had two little girls she dressed exactly alike and put bows in their hair.  My sister and I were only 15 months apart and everyone thought we were twins. 



Even our little "saddle shoes" matched.  I noticed in this picture that I had a watch on or maybe a bracelet.  Probably a watch because I am a little OCD about being punctual!  I still have my first Cinderella watch as a matter of fact!  I could probably be on an episode of "Hoarders"!

So back to my mother!  She was the model 50's mother...cooked, sewed all our clothes, kept house and tried to instill Biblical values in our lives.

I never remember her lying on the couch watching TV or anything like that.  She was truly a Proverbs 31 woman....always working at something.

She loved us and we never wanted for anything.  We weren't rich but we never went without.  She sacrificed many things for our sakes.
She is the one who taught me the love of your own children!


When my two sweet babies came along, I took up my Mother's example of loving and taking care of my children.  

I didn't think I could EVER love anyone as much as I love my own children........


until



these two couple got together and now I have 3 grand babies that I can't even begin to describe the love I have for them!

Thank you Scott and Kelly!
Thank you Chris and Carrie!

You have made this Mother's Day and the ones to come so special for me!
Money will never buy that kind of blessing!
Amen?


Happy 1st Mother's Day to my darling daughter-in-law Carrie!
Happy Mother's Day to my special Kelly!

I love you both and love what great Moms you both are!
Your children are blessed!

11 comments:

Kimberley said...

such a sweet post! love your story telling and posting of pictures from the past :) and happy mother's day to you, too!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Happy Mothers Day to you

Melanie Keffer said...

Hi Judy!

I will keep this short and just say, hello and amen to your post. Often we need look no further than our own mothers for an example of being a good mom. My mom was like yours, two girls that she sewed for all the time. What good care she took of us, my dad and our home.

So good to see you post again. Your posts are always lovely and enjoyable.

Take care and God bless,
Melanie Keffer
Olive Branch, MS

Love Being A Nonny said...

Such a sweet post Judy. Our hearts beat alike! Kelly's girls look so much like her as a child. All three of your granddaughters are beautiful. Happy Mother's Day from the other NONNY!

Kathy said...

A wonderful blog Judy. I know you miss your mom. She was such a lovely lady. Thinking of you today and wishing you a Happy Mother's day!

Kelley said...

Such a sweet post! I love seeing your pictures of you and your sister. So precious! What a beautiful post about your Mom. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Our Mother's are our original fan club. My Mom's been gone 11 years and not a day goes by that I don't miss her.

Natasha said...

This is such a sweet post. I love how you honour your mother, your daughter and daughter-in-law and your granddaughters. Happy (Belated) Mother's Day!

Johanne said...

Happy Belated Mothers Day. I know as each day comes we are always Blessed, everyday is Mothers Day to all us Mom's. The pictures of your Mom and you and your sister are so sweet. I hope you had a wonderful Mothers day.

Tanya said...

Hi Judy,
What a wonderful tribute/post to your Momma. Now you can pass on all her wonderful wisdom to Kelly and then on down to the girls. Blessing!
Grandmahood is an absolute joy! :0)
Hugs,
Tanya

Betsy Maddox said...

So precious, Judy. I love that story. You have surely been blessed with a wonderful mother and now your own beautiful children and grandbabies!! And you are such a sweet mother and grandmother! I feel exactly like you do--I am loving this new chapter in my life! :)