Saturday, April 18, 2015

I'm Back..........

Well, I stole that title from Hillary but I am back after almost a year of not blogging.

No real reason I stopped other than I just took a "little break" and nearly a year has passed!  Mother always told me the older you get the faster the time flies and you know, she was right!!

I thought I might do a little recap of what has happened in my life this past year but then that might put you to sleep! zzzz......zzzz

We have had times of loss of loved ones, friends, but also new lives begun!  Our church added a new building and we feel so blessed to be a part of that!  

The real reason I decided to start blogging again, at least for the next few months, is that we are getting ready to have a new family member and I did want to document his arrival as I did my three granddaughters in the past!

I didn't want him to ever read his 'ole Nonny's blog someday and see that nothing was written about him.....our first grandson!!

Hubs is currently on a teaching ministry trip to India and Nepal.  This,in fact, is the reason I have time to actually sit down and think about blogging again. He will be gone a total of seventeen days.  Some people ask me what I do while he is gone.

Actually some very exciting things come to mind:





Trying to catch up on some household chores I have been neglecting has kept me busy this past week!  Funny how I am perfectly happy to let things go when I am on the run but now with extra time, I've started noticing stacks of things that needed to be done.

Also when Hubs is not here, the little cooking that I do goes to practically zippo!

Why cook for one?  There are some "fairly" good frozen "dinners" ( and I use that term loosely!) out there.  I had a Chili's Tex-Mex bowl "thingee" from the frozen foods department that was quite tasty!  

So Skippy and I are just hanging out, enjoying each other's company and waiting for the stork to arrive and our Daddy to get home.  Hopefully both will be on time!!



Glad to be back! 

14 comments:

Maryellen said...

Welcome back. Looking forward to seeing that new grandson as well.

Eleanor said...

I have missed you!

Deena said...

Glad your back! I've missed you! Can't wait for Kelly's little man to arrive!

The Garners said...

So glad you are back!

Rebecca said...

YAY! Glad you are back and keeping yourself busy with all those delightful chores while Hubs is gone.
Can't wait to swap grandson stories! : )

Johanne said...

Welcome back :) I too have been away from blogging. Not sure when I will start up again?? Maybe soon. Congratulations on your new baby grandson. I cant wait to read all about him. Wishing everyone all the best. God Bless!!

Tracy said...

Welcome back!

Pam said...

You have been missed. Wonderful about your new chuch building.

Natasha said...

Welcome back :) I enjoy reading your posts.

Renae said...

Welcome Back, its always good to take a break and live life!! Looks like exciting times are ahead for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

So pleased to see you back!!

Laurie

(Canada)

Melanie Keffer said...

You are so cute Judy. Glad to see you writing again!

Melanie Keffer

Candis Berge said...

I understand completely. I have just recently added a few pictures to my neglected blog as Facebook has taken over. But I have a few long distance contacts that I miss confining my pictures to Facebook so I too am trying to post on my blog. Happy to see you back and excited about that new grandson coming! God's blessings!

Love Being A Nonny said...

Congrats on Will Holden! He is beautiful like his sisters!!! If I ever get up your way, we have to meet!!! Much love, and prayers for WH, The Other Nonny!