Tuesday, April 28, 2015

New Baby and Happy Homecoming

I wanted to write a new post while it is still fresh on my mind!  We had quite the week-end.

I arrived the day before the new baby was to come to help with getting the two little sisters to the hospital for the scheduled early-morning birth. It was such a joy to be in the middle of such a happy event.

We decided to stay in a hotel across from the hospital to save time in the  morning traffic since we needed to be at the hospital so early.  Scott's parents and I divided up the girls and I got to keep this sweet baby with me for the night!  I just kept wondering what was going through her little mind about what was going to be happening tomorrow!  We were all pretty excited!


Scott got "suited up" and was waiting to be called back to get ready for the baby's delivery.  Let me just tell you now how proud I am of the sweet man and loving Daddy that he is to my grand girls!  They love their Daddy and he loves taking care of them.  He has a calm disposition which works well with his three girls!  Now we will see how he does with a son!!



This is when I most missed having my Hubby here with me.  Didn't seem right not having him waiting with me since we have always been together for our three other grand babies' births.  But knowing he would be home the next day helped!





We didn't have to wait long before our new baby boy made his appearance!


I can tell you there was a huge smile beaming behind that mask!!
A perfect baby boy, nine pounds and four ounces!
William Holden Stamps


So happy the grandparents could be here for baby's arrival.  Scott's parents are spending the first week to help Kelly get the girls to school since Scott goes in to work so early every morning. She can't drive for two weeks so I am on duty the next week and I can hardly wait!!



As you can probably imagine, Harper and Hollis are amazed and fascinated by their new baby brother!



And I am in love!!!




Do they look pleased as punch?


Kelly and Will Holden had lots of company. This is our wonderful friend, Jacquie, who is also our church secretary.  She has a new darling granddaughter so she has lots of practice with a new baby!  We loved that she came by to see our new baby!



As many of you already know, Hubs has been on a trip for the past seventeen days to India and Nepal teaching native pastors.  I was to pick him up Saturday afternoon at the airport the day after Will Holden was born.  So I woke up Saturday morning by text on my phone asking me about Steve and if he escaped the earthquake in Nepal.

At first I didn't even know what they were talking about because I didn't have the TV news on nor had I fired up my computer.  I just was in unbelief when I heard the news.  BUT because I know God was watching over him, he had left Nepal hours before the earthquake. I can't begin to tell you how my heart was so very thankful!

Please remember to pray for those who lost so much in Nepal.  All of Steve's students were safe but sleeping in the streets, so afraid of sleeping inside of the buildings.   Pray for their immediate needs just to live will be met.

I did get to the airport to pick him up and we went straight to the hospital to see our new grandson!  Such a happy homecoming for him and me!


We are just thanking the Lord for the gift of this precious child and look forward to many happy times watching him grow up!


I love this picture.  We have a habit of taking an evening walk with our dog Skipper.  Skip and I had been walking alone for the past couple of weeks but now we have our Dad home and all seems right with the world again!



This is a picture I made at sunset the other evening in our front yard. Reminds me of a scripture in Psalms:

" O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! When I consider your heavens, the work of your hands, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him?"


I am so very thankful for the Lord was so thoughtful to us this week!
What a blessing it has been!




6 comments:

Maryellen said...

Congratulations on your precious new grandson. He is just adorable. I look forward to Kelly's post and watching him grow into a Godly man. Kelly does such an incredible job.

Johanne said...

Congratulations on the birth of Will <3 he is absolutely adorable. I am so glad and relieved for you and your family that hubby made it out of Nepal before the heart breaking devastation. We are all praying for everyone in Nepal. Such a sad time.

Hope you have a wonderful time with your grand babies next week. Can't wait to see all your wonderful pictures and hear all about the fun.

God Bless you all.

Rebecca said...

All of this is so wonderful and fun! I too am so glad your hubs made it back safely, I thought of him immediately as well as our World Vision child who lives in New Dehli. We are going to have to wait to know if he was involved, shouldn't have been, but if he or any of his family was in Nepal......
Congratulations again, grandkids are just the best! Have fun next week!

The Garners said...

What a week for you guys! So thankful that Will Holden is healthy and Bro. Steve made it home safely as well.

Gail said...

Congratulations from Annapolis, MD! Enjoy your time with your grandchildren next week!

Renae said...

Congratulations on your sweet grandson!!