Sunday, December 16, 2007

Boo Mama's Christmas Home Tour

Welcome to my home! We live out in the "country" approximately six miles from town and we love the wonderful quiet surroundings of birds singing, deer grazing and practically no traffic !
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given,and the government shall be upon his shoulder;and His name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6 This is why we celebrate! This nativity is one of my favorite things because it belonged to my Mother who passed away almost two years ago. She always loved to put it out each Christmas. I hope to pass this on to my children one day.
I did my tree this year in all white and silver snowflakes. I usually do it different every year for some reason or another. Two years ago it was all gold and then I have red/green decorations with teddy bears and gingerbread men and it looks cute too. I guess I decorate for whatever mood I am in. Notice hardly any presents under the tree. I HAVE bought some! I'm just slow wrapping....have to be in the right mood for that and I work better under pressure!

I rarely buy any new decorations...I just revamp and redo my old ones but I did get carried away by the Christmas music and ambiance in a store one day and bought the new deer on my mantle. We have so enjoyed feeding the deer in our yard and I just have been captivated by their gracefulness and so, hence, the deer on the mantle!

I do have this "thing" for jars , especially on a pedestal. So I just fill them up with things for each season.


These little tin buckets with Christmas cut-outs for a candle to shine through are favorites of mine and I love the snowflake motif on everything...including the birdhouse!
Thanks for coming by my country home. Please enjoy some fresh raisin oatmeal cookies and a cup of tea before you head out into the cold to the next home on tour. Come again and we'll do lunch!! Have a very Merry Christmas and may the New Year be your best yet! Blessings to your family from mine!

38 comments:

Kelly said...

Everything looks so pretty! I can't wait to come home and see it in person!!!!

The Garners said...

Everything does look great! Like I told Kelly on her "tour", I just wish I could drop in and see it in person (and eat a cookie!) :) Merry Christmas!

Hootin Anni said...

How beautiful!! Your entryway is astounding.

Mine's posted. I have two versions.

A thumbnail short version
and
a
slide show long version.

Anonymous said...

Your home is beautiful. I love your tree with the snowflakes, very pretty! Merry Christmas!

ellen b. said...

I really enjoyed touring your lovely home in the country! Blessings on you and yours...

Anonymous said...

I love your snowflake tree. It is so pretty like that.
amanda in taiwan

Jess said...

Great entry!

Jenni said...

Your home is beautiful and elegant and still inviting and cozy! Thank you for sharing!

Jessica said...

Your home is beautiful! I love all the decorations! Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Oh everything looks so lovely and elegant. Your Christmas decorations are wonderful. Have a Merry Christmas, Karen

Southern Heart said...

You have such a beautiful home, and lovely, festive decorations! I would feel so welcome as a guest in your home!

Merry Christmas,

Andrea

Rhondi said...

Very lovely home. Thanks for inviting us in.

Love Bears All Things said...

I loved visiting your home. I love the country. The deer on the mantle is so special.
Mama Bear

Lisa said...

Thanks for visiting me. I absolutely love your decorations, and your home is beautiful.
My favorite part was the beautifully decorated mantel.
Merry Christmas

It's a Mom Thing said...

Wow, what a beautiful home! I love your tree and mantle-scape.

Kim said...

Enjoyed my visit. Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

the mantle and the staircase are my faves! beautiful home!

Robin said...

Your home is so lovely, warm and inviting! Your white and silver tree is stunning!
Thanks for a fun tour.

Unknown said...

Lovely tour. Love your tin bucket candles.

Merry Christmas to you and yours from Northern Ireland.

windycorner said...

Your home looks so pretty! I especially love the jars and candles on the table-so festive. The Isaiah verse at the top of the post is an all time favorite because it reassures me of the Lord's sovereignty. Merry Christmas
Holley

Unknown said...

What a beautiful living room and I love the banister (I don't have stairs, but would like to just to decorate a banister!) Merry Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Your house is beautiful! Can we come on vacation there? Love the jars! Love that your bannister's ribbon was so perfectly tied! Munch. Munch. That oatmeal cookie & cup of tea hit the spot!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Oh, I just love all your Christmas decor, it's so homey, cozy & it sure doesn't look all that country. Only in a good way! It's just beautiful. Thank you for stopping by to see me & for the kind words.

Merry Christmas to you & yours!
RHoda

KC said...

so very pretty
Merry Christmas

Lolly said...

Your house and decorations and beautiful! Wishing you and your family a blessed Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! I love your front entrance (gorgeous door) all the way through your home! I like to do different themes too and although I buy a few new things, I too revamp-a lot!!! Thanks for the tour.

Mercy's Maid said...

I love your decorations! I especially love your wreath. So pretty!

Unknown said...

I love your banister and your front door is absolutely beautiful!

And guess what? I have that very same candle holder with the snowflake design. Mine hangs outside on a shepherd's hook, and the candle gets lit whenever someone is expected to visit in the evening. It is so welcoming in my front garden. I just love it.

Thanks for coming to see me. I enjoyed your visit, and mine to your place. By the way, your daughter is lovely, and I am headed over to see her right now. I see her here at the top of your comments.

Merry Christmas to you all!

Parkison Family said...

Very elegant!

Nise' said...

Your tree is so pretty and I love your living area. WOW! Thanks for the tour.

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

What a beautiful home you have. I think your Nativity is my favorite because it was your mom's. I didn't add that in my caption, but my mom passed away 7yrs ago and that makes my Nativity priceless to me too.

Thank you for your kind words on my blog. If it weren't almost 11pm and I didn't have to get four children off to school in the morning I would read ALL your posts. I have already seen how blessed you are with your future daughter in law (she is a beauty). I am already praying for my future sons and daughter in laws. I guess you could say that I am praying for my future 'children'!

I can't wait to come back here.

Merry Christmas, Joanne

Cherdecor said...

Thank you for inviting us in to view all your Christmas decorations. Everything looks so beautiful, warm and festive. I love the white ribbon on the tree also your stairway is beautiful! Good job!

Anonymous said...

Your home is so beautiful!! Have a wonderul Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Oh,I love your colours. It's so pretty! Merry Christmas.

OhhMy Gifts & Things said...

Your home is decorated so beautifully.

OhhMy Gifts & Things said...

Your home is decorated so beautifully.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing. Everything looks beautiful.

Tamara said...

I enjoyed your tour, though I'm a little late! I love your mantle decorations with the deer! I also enjoyed your daughter's blog & tour!