Tuesday, August 7, 2007

You are always on my mind....


As much as S has traveled in the past 10 years, I never really get use to him being away from me. Looking back over 36 years of marriage, we have been apart very little. I was just thinking of how much we change over the years without really being aware of it. I wanted all you young married couples to know that even though you get older physically, in your mind and heart sometimes things stay the same.

The above photo was made in 1971 I believe and we were just married. So now when I think of S , in my mind I see him like that!! Weird, isn't it?? Just hope he does the same for me.....alot of poundage and gray hair has been added over the years!!

I just thank God for having a husband that is faithful to God first and then faithful to me. It makes all the difference in our marriage and our lives.

This morning I was reading Psalm 118 that says,"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever" Reminds me of the song we sang at camp, "His love endures forever, sing praise...." Forever God is faithful......and aren't we grateful?

I love you S and can hardly wait to come to the airport Sunday afternoon to reunite once again!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh my - that's a scary picture! :-)
Dad will be home before you know it!

Anonymous said...

I believe I still do look just like that! I finally got on the internet after 10 days in India -(during my 8 hour layover in London) And the first thing I saw was a rather scary picture of myself. Judy I love you and I will be home somtime. So far every flight on the journey home has been delayed or cancelled. I love you - S.