Wednesday, November 21, 2007

So Very Thankful

I have been so blessed all my life. I always say that if the Lord chose to stop blessing me this very day,I still have had enough blessings to last me the rest of my life. The Lord has revealed Himself to me more this year than any other that I can recall. I am so thankful for His Word and how it speaks to my heart.



My next greatest blessings are the people pictured above. My wonderful husband who is like a solid rock. He has an unfailing love for God's Word and for His people. He has been faithful to love me for all these years and I find that amazing love! My sweet son-in-law, Scott, is just the exact person I prayed to come into our daughter's life and he is an awesome young man! He was saved and baptized this past year and I can't tell you how thankful I am for his testimony.



My daughter, Kelly, is everything I ever wanted to be: smart, talented, charming and a heart that loves the Lord with passion. It also doesn't hurt that she is beautiful ! S & I have laughed over the years about how two very plain-looking people had two such strikingly good-looking kids!!



My son, Chris, is such a delight in our lives. He is so talented;again, we're not sure where he came from (har)! But the best thing about my son is his loving and warm heart. He has truly been a joy in all seasons of his life to us!


I have a wonderful father and mother-in-law who live in Dallas. I remember when S took me to meet them the first time. I was so scared I wouldn't "pass the test" but they have always been so good to me and truly have been great in-laws. You'll never hear any bad in-law jokes from me ....mine are wonderful! And I am so thankful for them! I miss my own sweet Mom and Daddy so much and I am so happy S still has his parents. That is another blessing!

And now, here are the new blessings in our lives! Our son is getting married this coming July and we are adding a beautiful sweet member to our family, Carrie! And we get new in-laws to add to the family! This is (Left to Right) Carrie's parents, Carl and Chris, her sister Claire, then Carrie(in the black top) and their Uncle Willy. They are from Corpus Christi and Willy is from Houston.


So you can see, as I am counting my blessings today, God is continuing to bless me with new things and new people in my life. Isn't He good?


Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!


Psalm 100:4-5


Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and His courts with praise.


Give thanks to Him; bless His name.


For the Lord is good;


His lovingkindness is everlasting,and


His faithfulness to all generations.



3 comments:

Kelly said...

That is very sweet! I don't know about the beautiful part ....but thanks anyway! :-)

Laurie said...

I love your post! I LOVE what you said about if the Lord were to stop blessing you today, you would still have more than enough. That is a great thought. Happy Tanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful post! When I count my blessings, your family is one of the big ones on my list. Your family and mine always did so much together when I was growing up, and I loved every minute of it! Happy Thanksgiving!