Thursday, January 3, 2008

Beauty in the grocery store and other random thoughts...

I guess my life has got the mid-winter blahs because I was in the grocery store this afternoon taking pictures of the beautiful red peppers ! They caught my eye because of the shiny beauty of their skin and they were all lined up like soldiers.....doesn't God make some interesting things for us to look at , enjoying their beautiful colors and good to eat to boot!

I was hoping I didn't see anyone I knew when I was bending over the peppers making pictures for fear they would thing I was either trying to steal some "pepper presentation" secrets for another store or just basically "nuts"! I think fellow-bloggers who take pictures would understand and everyone else would just think I'm nuts!!

I spent the morning with my sister at the hospital while she had some tests run. Thankfully, her test turned out well. Tomorrow I will be driving over to my daughter's town to visit a new dermatologist. The good thing is the doctor's office is in the same area of my daughter's office so we can have lunch together! I am looking forward to that.

It has been bitter cold here the past two days....11 degrees this morning! Brrrrrr! It is suppose to warm up this week-end and we are looking forward to that.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm excited to see you tomorrow!
Not sure about you taking pictures in the grocery store! ha !

The Garners said...

I've actually taken pictures of veggies in the grocery store (Fresh Market)! I understand! :) What you said about the things God made reminded me of a verse I read just last night (In Genesis...I'm attempting to read through the Bible this year): "And the Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground--trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food." (2:9)

Have a safe trip and a fun lunch w/K tomorrow!!!

Hillary said...

Don't listen to Kelly. I think its great you took pictures of the peppers! I love it! They are so pretty! I'm sure the people at the store thought you were a little fruity for busting out the camera. Maybe you should give them your blog address so they could enjoy the picture too! :)

a boy a girl and a pug said...

That's too funny and what is so sad is I completely forgot red bell peppers on my grocery store run this evening. There's always one item I forget.

Sarah said...

I LOVE this post! You sound like me. I will see something that strikes me as beautiful in the strangest places sometimes! I go a little crazy in the spring when everything starts blooming and colors come back to life.