Tuesday, March 4, 2008

March Snow Day


We Got SNOW!! It started after 4:30 a.m. (I was up looking and nothing but a fine powder everywhere) Now it is 9:30 a.m. and it has been coming down hard since! I love the first day of a snow....still exciting after all these years! I especially loved it when I taught school because there was always the excitement of waiting to hear if school was closed or not! Always good to hear the night before so you didn't have to get up so early the next day!!
Bless the deer's hearts......they have been up for hours walking around looking for food. We will definitely feed them later today. They usually gather in our front yard for brunch around three!
The dogs have already been out for a walk in the snow. They absolutely love the snow but like to be "toweled" off after they have been out! Then they sit by the fire and sleep the day away.
What a life!

12 comments:

Kelly said...

Yeay for snow!!!! I just wish I could stay home instead of having to try to drive to work! :-)

Candy said...

Oh my goodness, that is beautiful! I have never seen so much snow. What a weather change ya'll have had!

The Garners said...

How beautiful! We got a little bit--enough for R to be REALLY excited when he opened the blinds this morning! Bogart looked funny with clumps of snow in his long beard! I'll post pictures of them later...

Caroline said...

Your House looks beautiful in the Snow!!!!!

Unknown said...

The snow looks beautiful!!!! That snow is coming my way now :)

Laurie said...

Beautiful pictures! I love snow too!

Leigh Ann said...

That picture of your house looks like a postcard! So pretty!

Guy and Julie said...

How beautiful--it looks like you got a lot of snow!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Yeah for snow!

Shelly said...

I love snow day as well. My kids are so excited; school is already cancelled here for tomorrow!
My in-laws feed the deer at their house as well. The kids love watching them!

Julie said...

I love your house!!! How beautiful! I'd love to sit on the front porch in the Spring and read all day long! What a beautiful view.

Caroline said...

Hi!!!! our lake house is on greer's ferry lake (bee branch area) it is right across from sugar loaf mountain...the one that is an island not the one in heber springs! It has been in our famiy since my mom was young. We go every summer and even was there this past thanksgiving! You guys should come and stay!