Thursday, May 15, 2008

2nd Annual AWANA Award Night






Last night was our church's AWANA Awards Night. We have had nearly 90 kids and 38 adult leaders who have diligently worked every Wednesday night learning God's Word. It has been just a blessing to our church to see the excitement of the children getting their well-deserved recognition for their participation during the school year.

We had many parents there to see their children receive their ribbons and awards. And of course, the kids got to sing and wave to their parents as they spied them in the audience. My pictures of the older kids (it goes through 6th grade) did not turn out well so I am posting mostly the younger groups.

Then, in great Baptist fashion, we had pizza and cookies for everyone after the program! We had been in Little Rock at the hospital all day with a man's family who was having surgery so we had just gotten home in time for the award's service. So by the time we cleaned up afterward and took out the last bag of trash, we were ready to go home! But it was a wonderful night! We love AWANAS!!

5 comments:

Faith said...

Oh wow, this brings back wonderful memories! I used to love Awanas! I only wish that I could still remember all of the scripture that I learned when I was younger.
This looks like it was so much fun!

Leigh Ann said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Kids seem to love AWANAS. Isn't it a blessing to see kids learning about the Lord and having fun at the same time. I wish I could have seen you while you were in LR!

Amy said...

We love AWANAs here as well. I help with the Sparks (K, 1st & 2nd grades). We finish up in the next couple of weeks!

Caroline said...

oh our church has awanas and i just love it. The chili cook-off and car race is always a hit!!!!! what a blessing it is to learn all that scripture so early. I only had GA's when i was little.

Have a great weekend!!!!!!

bet you missing Kelly and Scott!!!!

Sharmin said...

We had Awana awards Wednesday night, too. Logan was very excited about the Cubbie Bear toy. Austin graduates up to Youth when school starts.