Monday, May 5, 2008

Engagement Week-end

We got back last night after a wonderful week-end in Corpus Christi with our son and his soon-to-be new family! It was so nice to be in warm weather for a change! The lawns and flowers were lush and so beautiful! This is a picture of Chris and Carrie out in her parent's yard.
Here is Chris with Carrie's family. We had dinner at their house on Friday evening! They have a beautiful home and we had such a wonderful evening!
Saturday morning we took a tour of the Yacht Club where the rehearsal dinner will be. I just had to look at the room and check out the tables so I can get all the decorations ready since we are hosting! They are using the "Perfect Pair" theme and I am going to have pears incorporated in the decorations. Candles, airy ferns and pears are the plans ........for now! Subject to change as I often do!

Chris and I look over some of the "little" boats out in the harbor! I will post another blog about the party we went to on Saturday night and the parade we went to downtown! What a hoot!
So now the invitations are getting ready to be mailed and I am working on invitations to the rehearsal dinner, so we are getting in the full swing of the countdown to July wedding!

9 comments:

Kelly said...

It looks so fun! I wish I could have been there! I love how their grass and plants look. Wish our yard looked that good!

Caroline said...

oooooooo so fun!!! her family is so cute!!!! i am glad it was fun!!! the place for the reh.dinner is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! i have never been to corpus...i think i need to go!!!!!

The Garners said...

Looks like a great weekend! I know the rehearsal dinner and wedding will be just perfect! Can't wait to see more posts about the party and the dinner planning!

Faith said...

What a beautiful site for the rehearsal dinner. Gorgeous views! Looks like you will have so much fun planning!

Laurie said...

I am glad ya'll had a good weekend! That yacht club looks so pretty!

Leigh Ann said...

That yard is amazing! I love that picture of you and Chris. Sounds like it will be a wonderful rehearsal dinner. I can't wait to see pictures from the dinner and the wedding.

LOVE YOU A GOOGLE... said...

Love the pictures! The weather looks beautiful there. I love the "perfect pair" idea with incorporating pears! How clever is that! I may have to steal that idea for the next wedding shower I plan! :) Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see pictures of the party and the wedding in July.

Sharmin said...

Congratulations, Chris! I love the pears & ferns idea, I'm sure it will be gorgeous!

Tamara said...

A quick search on the internet yielded this picture of a young Jason Castro, sans dreads: http://bp0.blogger.com/_Nw4lTOP5zzw/R_p7pF64TBI/AAAAAAAAAHA/2mUrILb-VTw/s1600-h/Jason+Rene+Castro+dreadlocks.jpg

Now we know! :)

I enjoyed visiting your son's wedding website (via Kelly). The invitations are gorgeous, and the proposal plan was so clever. It looks like it will be a beautiful wedding. Corpus is a beautiful area...you'll enjoy it! When I read that you'll be decorating the rehearsal dinner site with pears, it made me think of this: http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/images/uploads/12-13-fruit.jpg