Thursday, May 22, 2008

Our Once-A-Year Movie Date


Now that I am rapidly sliding into my older years, I am learning new things everyday. For example, we do not get out at night as much as we use to! Not that we couldn't, you understand, but the fact is we just like to be home at night when we can!

Also, only once a year or so, we go to the movies. Unlike the days of our youth where we went all the time, as we get older we are much more choosy about the movies we see and the time it takes to take in a movie and also, today, how much it costs! Mostly, many movies are a total waste of time and are not worth seeing!

So today at lunch, hubby says let's go to the movies tonight and see the new Indiana Jones movie! Why wait till Christmas when the kids are home? (That's when we traditionally go to the movies) So we are being very adventuresome in going to the movies in May! We're crazy like that!!

So he checked the times and we decided that we would go to the four o'clock movie so it probably wouldn't be so crowded since this was opening day!

You can see by the picture on the top that we got there before the crowd got there! In fact, nobody showed up for the early movie........it's only on the week-ends! So we had to kill a couple of hours till the movie began because we had already driven to the nearby town to see the movie and burnt up some of that expensive gas!

So we had some supper, visited Lowe's and WM and then went to a crowded theater for the first showing. I must say Harrison Ford still looks good and is holding up well in his roll of Professor Jones. It was a thrill-by-thrill movie and I guess it will have to do me till next year rolls around!

How often do you go to the movies and what kind of movie is your favorite?

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Well - I can't believe you went to the movies without us!!!!!
I was looking at a preview yesterday wondering if this Indiana Jones could possibly be as good as the old ones.

Julie said...

I'm jealous you have seen the new movie. I have really wanted to see it. Bryan and I were contemplating going this weekend. We watched the first 3 a few weeks ago to prepare!!

Caroline said...

OH I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE INDIANA JONES WITH MY PARENTS!!!!! MY dad secretly wishes he was Indi haahhahha he even has the hat...so cute!!!!! glad yall went and I CAN"T WAIT TO SEE IT!!!! Have a great Memorial Day weekend!!!!

Laurie said...

That is so fun that ya'll went to the movie and had a date night. I LOVE to go to the movie, but I am like you, there is not much that comes out that I feel I HAVE to see.

Leigh Ann said...

I want to see that! I'm glad you got to go. The promos look like it is a really good movie. I bet is WAS very crowded. We don't go to the movies that much anymore. With kids, I guess it's just not a priority, but when we have a babysitter, we do usually try to go. I love going to the movies. There's just something about the big screen, and oh the popcorn. I'm glad you got a wild hair to go to the movies 7 months early. Ha. That made me laugh!

Amy said...

My husband and I used to go to the movies A LOT! But I have gotten much more selective in what I watch (you can barely find anything that is not R-rated). I probably go 2 or 3 times a year now.

Can't wait to try your strawberry cake recipe. The icing looks delicious!

The Garners said...

Y'all are like Mom and Dad--I almost pass out if I call and they say they've been to a movie! :) We don't like going to the movies with Dad because he pokes fun at everything and says it's unrealistic. We all went to see Titanic one Christmas break during an ice storm--you should have heard Dad at that one! :)

Lane, however, loves movies. I go to a lot of movies that I don't really care much about just so he can go (it's usually an expensive nap for me--ha!). We went to see Indiana Jones earlier this week, and I actually kinda liked it (my favorite part was the motorcycle scene when IJ first meets his son). I guess I'd have to say that romantic comedies are my favorite movies--always predictable, but less stressful for me and just entertaining. :)

Glad y'all had a fun movie date. I laughed about the empty parking lot picture! :)