Friday, May 9, 2008

Surprise Surprise!

After being married for over 37 years, there are not many surprises left. Thank goodness!
Through the years, hubby and I have settled into a routine of not giving gifts to each other...not at Christmas, birthdays or even anniversaries.

Mostly we just like to spend time together going on little trips, big trips, eating out, buying gifts for others or giving to many different causes that we agree need help.

So when hubby comes home yesterday with a cute little gift bag I automatically thought someone had come by his office and bought him a little gift which has happened before.

Then he handed it to me!! I almost quit breathing because I thought what on earth is this for?
Is there bad news to follow? Is he leaving me for a younger woman? (Just a joke!)

There was this sweet card in the bag that said this:

I love the way something as simple

as a song can pull me out of the here and now

and take me back in time to any one

of the countless memories we share.

You mean the world to me!

And as you see in the picture, I now own my own IPOD for my music!

He knew I have been making a list of all the music I love for quite some time.
I also listen to podcast on my computer but I need to be more mobile.
He always takes his ipod on trips and I have to get earphones from the airline, so
now I have my own!!

Here is my list of some of the songs that I have downloaded so far:

Forevermore Travis Cotrell
Bring The Rain Mercy Me
Glory Selah
Word of God Speak Mercy Me
Everlasting God Chris Tomlin
How Great Is Our God Chris Tomlin
Amazing Grace(My Chains are Broken Chris Tomlin
My Savior My God Aaron Shust

I also got to listen to the new podcast of Boo, Big and Travis last night while doing something else other than sitting at my computer!

I guess you're never too old to learn something new....I love the technology!
Thank you Steve for loving me in such an always surprising way!

What kind of music do you have on your Ipod?

7 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I don't have an ipod, but my nine-year-old does, and she's kind enough to let me borrow hers from time to time.

She gets a little frustrated when my Fernando Ortega gets mixed in with High School Musical!

That was so sweet of your husband to surprise you! Enjoy.

Melissa Stover said...

what a great surprise! i mostly listen to books on cd on my ipod but i love many of those same songs too.

Leigh Ann said...

I LOVE that Mr. Steve did that! I got teary-eyed reading what the card said. That was so sweet! I love all the songs you have downloaded and they are on y Ipod, too! :)

Kelly said...

My parents are getting to be way too technical savvy in their old age. ha! What's next - a WII? ha!
That was really sweet - I like all the songs you picked!

Kelly said...

Two more things:

1. Scott said next you are going to have to get a Mac.

2. I saw you figured out how to put a picture on our profile - I've never been so proud!

Laurie said...

That was so thoughtful!!!!!!!! I love the songs you have selected!

Sharmin said...

What a great gift!