Friday, June 27, 2008

A Great Day!

Today was the last day of VBS! It is always a relief to get it behind you but then again, it was so much fun this year! Everything went very smooth and every kid I talk to (and the teens who were our helpers) said they had such a wonderful time.

A new lady in our church made these cute "island themed" cookies with a palm tree for all the kids. I thought they were so cute and what a cute idea!

The kids, as you can see here, loved wearing their lei and wore them in their hair too! How funny!
When I was coming home yesterday I turned down the little road in front of our house and there standing in the road were a mama deer and her twin fawns. How cute! So you know, being the good blogger that I am and always prepared for the NEXT picture, I whipped out my camera and made their picture while they stood there looking at me like I came from Mars!
They are really not scared of cars but when you get too close they naturally run!
Except for Mama Deer who just stood and stared me down. She was keeping a watch out for her two fawns like a good mother should!

Which reminds me of why this was also such a wonderful day! Our daughter got to hear and see her baby by sonogram today! Another milestone passed! Thank you Lord for today! Our prayers were answered again for the little assurance that a sonogram can bring!

Hubby and I wonder at this point: If we shed tears for a sonogram, what in the world are we going to do when the REAL baby gets here?? Oh my!


5 comments:

Kelly said...

Scott and I may have to get flood insurance before the baby comes. ha!

Jacquie said...

Those cookies are so cute. I didn't get to go back to see them. Are your feet killing you tonight? I was stiff by the time I got home this evening (probably from that "backpack" vacuum - ha!). But, it was a great week!

I was so thankful to hear you heard from Kelly and that she got to "see" the baby.

Sharmin said...

We're doing the same VBS the last week of July. I'm really looking forward to it, I'm helping with music again this year. It is so much fun! I'm looking for some really obnoxious Hawaiian flowerdy shirts, if you know where I can find some, let me know.

Congratulations to Kelly, that is great news. It just makes it so much more real when you see the sonogram and hear the heartbeat.

Leigh Ann said...

Oh, I loved seeing Kelly's sonogram picture! I love that little baby already! What a great day indeed!

MiMi said...

Sounds like you have had a great week! I am sure that you are tired after a week of VBS, but I am also sure that it was well worth it.

You ARE a good blogger to have that camera ready for the shot of the deer! What a beautiful peaceful setting and you got some great pictures.

I am thankful that everything went well with Kelly's sonogram. I know the assurance that comes from getting to "see" the baby. You are all in my prayers.
Emilie