Sunday, July 13, 2008

Going to the chapel .......


We'll be leaving tomorrow to get ready for the week-end we've been waiting for a long time!
I know every parent thinks their child has grown up too quickly...especially when you start looking back at those baby pictures!

Chris is a 32 year old man quite ready for marriage by now, I'd say! But it does seem like the years rolled by pretty fast! I could not be happier for him. He's getting a loving wonderful wife and she is precious inside and beautiful outside! We gladly welcome her to our family! I plan on treating her like a daughter!

We have had a weird Sunday. First of all, usually once a year we have to call off church due to inclement snowy weather. Last night our power went off around 9:30 p.m. and a terrible storm blew through. So we went on to church early this morning and the power was still off by 9:30 so we had to cancel church services (ours starts Bible study at 9 and services at 11). The large auditorium was dark , warm and no sound system. Not good!

Power came back on around noon so we decided it was safe to have church this evening. So we go up to open the church and the power went off again. After a few calls, it was determined by the power company to shut off the power another 3 hours or so this evening. So it was really warm there tonight, so no church tonight!

I don't know about the average church-goer but let me tell you it is hard to be the pastor and not preach on God's Day! He is like a cagged tiger walking back and forth, not knowing what to do with himself!! So get ready, church, when he gets back from vacation/wedding!! It should be good!!

I should be back with some wedding pictures.....stay tuned!

12 comments:

Jacquie said...

It was so strange not being in church. I missed everyone and just the time of worship. Jack will be fired up this Sunday too!

We are so happy for Chris and Carrie. I'm sure y'all will have a great week! Be safe.

Kelly said...

I can't believe you had to cancel church!!! I've never heard of that happening. I'm sorry you had such bad storms. We got mostly rain (probably because I prayed so hard that the storms would go around us so I could sleep). :-)
You have probably already left for TX - hope you have a fun trip and we will see you on Friday!!!

Betsy said...

That is really crazy!! We have had storms, too, but fortunately we haven't lost power.

I will be thinking about your family this week. What an exciting time!! Congratulations to Chris and Carrie!! I am looking forward to seeing all the pictures!

Thank you so much for your sweet e-mail! I definitely think all these wonderful blogging friendships are for God's glory!

Megan L Hutchings said...

That is crazy! I can just picture him pacing the floors and still wanting to preach the word ;)!

I am so excited for your son and I can't wait to see pictures!

The Garners said...

Have a wonderful time in TX. Can't wait to hear about the weekend and see pictures.

MiMi said...

I am definitely in agreement with you that our children have grown up too quickly. Chris is such a handsome man and his wonderful wife is very blessed to be marrying into such a special family.

I will be praying for you and your family this weekend! Can't believe it's finally here! I hope you enjoy every minute of it and come back with lots of pictures of that gorgeous family of yours.

Congratulations Chris and Carrie!

Becky said...

You guys have a great time! Can't wait to hear all about the wedding. Take lots of pictures for all your blog friends.

Leigh Ann said...

Chris is so handsome. His wife is so lucky to get such a sweet, loving mother-in-law. I can't wait to see the wedding pictures. Have a great time!

Jamie said...

Hope you have a safe trip and a fun time during all the wedding festivities.

Julie said...

I'm sure you are gone by now. Sorry I'm a little late reading your blog. I hope you have a wonderful time this week preparing for the wedding. I cannot wait to see the pictures. I know you've worked hard planning some of the decorations. Make a lot of wonderful and lasting memories!!!

Megan said...

I can't wait to see pictures from the wedding!

Guy and Julie said...

I'm looking forward to seeing lots of pictures!!