Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind.........

How many years does it take to finish up your house if you pretty much build it yourself? That is the question!

After we finished painting the deck, Hubs decided it's time to put up the fans that have never been added to the back deck!



Did I tell you how very wonderful it is to have a husband who is not only book-smart but very handy around the house?? (Hi Honey!) He actually amazes me how he knows so much about plumbing and electrical wiring, etc. He has certainly saved us tons of money by being a do-it-yourself!



He put up the fans on our front porch year ago but just didn't take the time to finish up the back porch until this week-end! Or it just came to his attention after the deck looked so much better after painting. Why not put on the finishing touch by adding the fans?
Now we can sit outside and feel a cool breeze even in the afternoon! We have already had mornings in the 60's and the evenings are beginning to feel like fall!

Now let's see.......what about those shelves in the laundry room that need to be put up???


9 comments:

Megan said...

Beautiful porch

April said...

One of these days, when I get away from "big city life", I want to have a home just like yours. It is so beautiful! I love your country porch with the rocking chairs. What better place to relax with a good book and a glass of sweet iced tea?

Oh, and I agree with you. It does help to have a husband who is a "Mr. Fix-It" kind of guy. Chris, too, is very handy and I often joke that I'm going to rent him out to everyone I know.

The Garners said...

Such a great porch! Another project checked off the to-do list!

Elizabeth said...

You are going to love those fans so much on your porch. That was a great idea.

To answer your comment from a while ago, yes I am in Austin. Wish I had known you were going to be here before the wedding and we could have met up for some Mexican food. Maybe another time!!

Enjoy some cool air from your fans!!

Leigh Ann said...

Isn't there always something? I sure feel that way. You are going to be loving those fans. I wish I could come to your house and just sit on that porch. I LOVE it! You are right, that is so nice that Mr. Steve is a "do it yourselfer." We are more like "Who are we going to call to fix it?" Ha!

MiMi said...

I know you're going to love having those fans on your porch! It looks so inviting! Would love to sit with you in those rocking chairs on a nice Fall afternoon!

Deb said...

Found you over at the Nester's site. Just wanted to say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your porch. I wish I had a porch like that, but they don't really do that here in Texas much. Enjoy it.

Darlene said...

Oh my what an absolutely BEAUTIFUL porch.....it must be a delight to sit out there and sip coffee or drink tea and just peacefully look out over your yard.

Melissa said...

oh that porch looks so relaxing!!!