Friday, August 15, 2008

Summer Delight

One of my most favorite things of summer is looking forward to eating some home-grown tomatoes!

If there is anything different in the world,it's the difference between store-bought and home-grown tomatoes!

Usually we are blessed by a number of people in our church who grow a garden each year and bring us some overflow of their summer bounty(We can't have a garden because of the deer). I have a friend who has given me a few tomatoes the past few weeks and we have SO enjoyed them........I think it could be a sin!

I have looked at some recipes for tomatoes and you can fry, broil, bake, turn them into tomato
sauce, salsa, or one of my favorites, tomatoes and okra! However, I believe my very favorite is the 'ole bacon and tomato sandwich! Doesn't get much better than that for a summer supper!

How about you? What's your "tomato" favorite?

8 comments:

The Garners said...

I love BLTs, too--yum...you've made me hungry for one! I like the one at McAlister's--it's on good bread.

April said...

Hi Judy!

I, like you, LOVE homegrown tomatoes WAY better than store bought. You're exactly right, there is simply no comparison. To be honest, my favorite way to eat a tomato is just like an apple. Bite into it and sprinkle it with salt. So yummy!!

Kelly said...

BLT's!!!!!!

Faith said...

Oh yum!! We don't have any "connections" this year for any homegrown ones..so sad! I like them just sliced with salt and pepper...Oh, I wish I had one now =)

Anonymous said...

Have you ever tried tomatoes with Cottage Cheese? It is wonderful, just put some cottage cheese on a slice of tomato (you can salt and pepper)it is great!

MiMi said...

My favorite is probably tomato sandwiches with Duke's mayonnaise and salt and pepper. I also LOVE fried green tomatoes! YUM!!!!!

Jacquie said...

We mostly just eat large plate fulls of tomatoes and cucumbers! Yum.

Jessica said...

I just adore the little nook in the last post with the wall lights.. so relaxing and pretty!

The Hall of Fame is available to those who have collected 10 Mrs. McCash's cash. I give cash for all reasons. I put their name up on a board and announce it to all my classes and just a big fuss over them that day. : )