Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Awesome Works of God



I just love how God speaks through His word and then, like a good teacher, gives us examples of His words right before our very eyes.

This morning, in my quiet time, I was reading Psalms 66 where it speaks of the "awesome works of God". After awhile I went out to sweep off my porch and water my fern. It is very cool this morning and very foggy.

As I looked down our driveway I spied a intriguing sight: a spider's web just hanging off a limb of one of our big red oaks. I was standing on the porch but could see the web through the faint sunlight and fog. It was incredible! I love that God still gives me enough sensitivity after all these years to still get excited over a little thing like a spider's web dangling in the morning light!!

Psalm 66:1
Shout joyfully to God, all the earth;
Sing the glory of His name; Make His praise glorious.
Say to God, "How awesome are Your works".

Isn't God good?

9 comments:

MiMi said...

God IS good! All the time! That is an amazing spider web! I am glad that you are still sensitive enough to notice the awesomeness of God's works!

Hillary said...

I LOVE that!! And I love when God shows himself in the most amazing things!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Love this post...that spider web is amazing!
I've been an avid reader of Kelly's blog for awhile...you have an amazingly sweet daughter!...so I thought I would visit your blog. I'm so glad that I did!

Meredith said...

God is SO good! I love His creation of everything. I love flowers especially. And the details in leaves when it's Fall!

April said...

Amen!! I often stand in amazement at all that God has created around us to enjoy. It's so easy to get caught up in the everyday "hustle and bustle" of life that we don't find the time to just stop and soak in the beauty that surrounds us...a gorgeous sunset, autumn leaves, roses in bloom, etc.

"To God be the glory...GREAT things He has done!"

The Garners said...

I love this! Such neat pictures of God's handiwork!

Becky said...

God is an amazing GodI I too stand in awe of the different things in which God shows himself!

amy (metz) walker said...

Wow, nothing like hitting a point home! What a great post...I absolutely love it when something you are learning gets applied in real life!

Jacquie said...

It was a beautiful morning! So cool how God gave you a graphic to go along with your quiet time!!