Thursday, August 28, 2008

Choices

This was another beautiful day in the Ozarks! The weather was so nice today, warm again but,hey, I'll take a warm day over COLD anyday of the year!

I had a very nice lunch today with four friends. We spent a long time discusssing various problems with our children. Well, let me rephrase that statement: Several talked of problems of their adult children. I, on the other hand, sat there quietly and thanked the Lord for my children. They aren't perfect but neither are their parents. But they are no problem...just blessings!

Then I went to the hospital to visit a couple of friends who have family members that are ill. One is critically ill. We arrived at just the time one of our friends' husband was being taken to surgery again. The wife was upset and needed someone to sit with her while he was being worked on.God's timing is ALWAYS perfect! We had a great prayer time together.

So by the time I got home late this afternoon, I was totally pooped!! Hubby was so totally excited tonight because he mumbled something about six football pre-season games on tonight and went to his man cave and I haven't seen him since!

So now I have CHOICES to make. Do I watch Obama's acceptance speech tonight in Denver or do I read my new magazine that came in the mail today?

No choice............Paula Deen wins, hands down!!

12 comments:

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Great choice!...I love Paula!

Jacquie said...

Can't believe you chose the magazine! ha!

I'm with you on the weather, too!

Melissa Stover said...

no question there. paula wins!

Meredith said...

Oh Paula Deen-perfect choice! I just Love Paula Deen! I need (and WANT) her magazine!

Becky said...

Love me some Paula!

Kelly said...

I was a little concerned when I read that first part - I wondered what kind of problems you were having with me and Chris??????? :-) I mean we are both finally married and I'm giving you a granddaugther - what more could you want? ha ha ha ha ha!

Magazine for sure - Paula Deen for president! We would all be well fed!

The Garners said...

Great choice on the magazine! For once I was actually wishing for a longer line at the grocery store tonight so I could glance through the new issue! :)

Anonymous said...

Best choice by far!

April said...

Paula all the way!! No choice there!!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Very wise choice! LOL

MiMi said...

That was an easy decision, wasn't it? --Paula wins hands down!

Leigh Ann said...

I love Paula and I would have done the same thing! I'll take warm weather over cold any day, too.